Help Me Price This Car!

Prodeje79

My grandmother just turned 81 on St Pats day. She recently broke her hip, and they now determined she cannot live on her own.

We have a 24/7 care taker now, but as you me know it is very expensive.

The care taker has expressed interest in her old car. It is nothing special, but it is in great condition old car with really low miles.

Also, since we are bartering for care time, we can probably inflate the price a little because of this.

1985 Chrysler Lebaron GTS 4dr hatchback.

It is fully loaded with every option, leather. It is a turbo. Automatic

It talks, like 'please fasten your seat belt' etc lol

I am fairly sure it has 30,000 miles. Maybe it was 28k or 32k.... just saying 30k for now.

I did nada, and high retail is $3,080.

Maybe there is another car site/forum that would be a good place to ask? Maybe a crazy collector??

Thanks!

Mike

EDIT: It has been garaged all of its life. She drove once a week to get her hair/nails done around the corner. I do not think it ever left the Dayton area. She was also dedicated to taking it to the dealer for service.

In my head, I was thinking I would be very happy to get about $5000 worth of caregiver 24/7 time.......

check on turbododge.com

I remember you driving it to work a couple times car was clean. you should keep it and DD it

Thanks for the response!

It is tempting, and she did promise it to me when I turned 16! haha

That's right, I borrowed it to pick up that transmission when I broke 3rd gear in my 97 turbo maxima.

It broke in Dayton.

That awesome maxima.org member gave me his 1995 transmission!

Then he gave me the rest of the car with a 2001 transmission installed, and it was nicer than my 97! I drive the 95 now as my DD.

turbododge.com might be helpful. but alot of times guys go for bottom dollar. Is the lady asking bc she thinks it will be a cheap old car. Or does she want it for some collector reason. If she just wants it b/c she thinks it will be cheap then she would run at any price near 3k i would think. If it was a 5 speed i would say you could sell it for 3k on turbo dodge. That is just my .02