UFC 111 Predictions

wagner

There are only 3 fights on the main card that seem to be good.

Champ Georges St-Pierre vs. Dan Hardy (for welterweight title)

No need to sugar coat this, GSP is going to be to much for Hardy. Don't get me wrong Hardy is no dead fish but I don't think he will have an answer for GSP's wrestling. Hardy does have a chance if he can keep this standing and land some good shots.

GSP wins via TKO

Shane Carwin vs. Frank Mir (for interim heavyweight title)

Time to see if Carwin is as advertised. He is a big guy with good wrestling and strong hands, sort of like a smaller version of Lesnar. This could be a problem for Mir (see Mir vs Lesnar II) if it goes to the ground. I am not 100% sold on the "new" Mir but if he can get this to the ground and be in control his Jitsu might save him.

Carwin wins via ground and pound TKO

Thiago Alves vs. Jon Fitch

This fight looks to be off now due to a failed CT scan for Alves. There is some sort of issue with his brain and he might not get cleared in time for the fight.

agreed on all counts.

Dan Hardy will get his shit tossed by GSP. Time for GSP and Anderson to tee off on eachother. Somethings gotta give.

Well GSP is starting to bulk up so I bet that right with Silva will happen at some point. I really don't think Hardy will have any answer for the olympic level wrestling that GSP has.

The only thing that might actually help hard is the fact GSP is going to be head hunting here. He wants to finish this fight so I bet he takes more risks than he usually does and that could make some slight openings for Hardy.

I was really looking forward to the Fitch fight since it would have been a nice Jitsu show between those two. I hope Alves career is not over he is a pretty tough guy.

Now if this is true this could be a good fight

http://mmajunkie.com/news/18446/jon-fitch-replaces-jake-ellenberger-meets-ben-saunders-on-ufc-111-main-card.mma

Fitch and Saunders could be kind of wild. Saunders is a very lanky fighter that is good on his feet but if Fitch gets him on the ground he could end up looking like Stretch Armstrong after a bad day in a pre-school toy box.

I predict I will keep my streak alive and not watch, nor care!

Agree.

I was at the gym the other day and dudes with arms smaller than coke cans were sporting their ghey affliction shirts.. I literally looked.. sighed.. and rolled my eyes :rolleyes:

Can anyone explain this wannabie fighter stuff?

Agree.

I was at the gym the other day and dudes with arms smaller than coke cans were sporting their ghey affliction shirts.. I literally looked.. sighed.. and rolled my eyes :rolleyes:

Can anyone explain this wannabie fighter stuff?

Training for this fight night has given me even more respect for fighters. They are the best athletes in the world hands down. Ask Howard what it is like to do a shark bait drill :)

Just because someone wheres a fight shirt that does not make them a wannabie. That is like calling someone who wears their favorite pro team shirt a wannabie.

Unless it is a walkout shirt I am not a huge fan of the Affliction stuff, it sucks they just bought out Throwdown because now all of Throwdown's stuff will looke the same :(

I gotcha. I just see more and more of the smallest dudes known to man kind trying to act all big and buff. I guess thats the part that I dont get? I mean Ive literally seen them come in wearing the damn shorts, shirts AND hats all at once. Im assuming those are the ones that get the beer muscles at the bars and get whooped on when they bump into people?

I gotcha. I just see more and more of the smallest dudes known to man kind trying to act all big and buff. I guess thats the part that I dont get? I mean Ive literally seen them come in wearing the damn shorts, shirts AND hats all at once. Im assuming those are the ones that get the beer muscles at the bars and get whooped on when they bump into people?

LOL they are the ricers of the MMA world :) Just because you have a screen name or shirt that says your car has 500 hp does not mean you do. Same thing with some fo these guys, just because you wear the gear does not mean you can fight like it.

It is getting to the point where I don't even like to wear my fight shirts when I go to BW3 to see the fights on TV. To many guys think they can be a little version of Brock and that can lead to toothloss if you pick on the wrong person.

i honestly couldnt believe hardy got out of the submissions GSP put on him. i guess he really wasnt giving up the shot for that belt. i knew he was a good fighter just never really impressed me before...hes got my respect for sure now.

i honestly couldnt believe hardy got out of the submissions GSP put on him. i guess he really wasnt giving up the shot for that belt. i knew he was a good fighter just never really impressed me before...hes got my respect for sure now.

I did not think, like many that Hardy deserved a title shot. Man did he make me feel like an ass! He tried very hard to keep it standing and impose his fight plan, but when GSP wants to take you down there is not much you can do.

Carwin vs Lesnar is going to be epic! That fight is going to look like two dump trucks going 80mph and then hitting head on.

Overall that was an outstanding fight card even the fights that went to the judges were good.

Hardy impressed me with how he absolutely refused to quit, but he was clearly outclassed in the fight. He could get to his feet for about half a second before getting taken down again. Damn GSP shoots fast!

I cannot wait to see Carwin v. Lesnar. I hope that Carwin breaks Lesnar's face.

p.s. Did you watch the last fight? I haven't laughed that hard in a LONG time. Hamilton was completely rubber and would just flop around the ring but ended up outlasting the other guy and landing some good blows (accidents it looked like sometimes).