AlpineStar Apex Pants

SWing'R

So I'm thinking about spending some overtime money on some leather riding pants.

Found some AlpineStar Apex pants that would really look nice with my bike, helmet and

current tech jacket.

Let me know what you think...

My helmet..

myhelmet.jpg

My jacket...

P7230009.jpg

The pants I want to get...

alpinestar.jpg

Link to the pants at Iron Pony... http://tinyurl.com/bw638x

Edited by SWing'R

looks like a nice combo. One thing to think about b4 you drop dime on leather pants is if you ever wanna do a track day. I'm pretty sure most tracks require a one piece suit. buying leather pants and a seperate suit can be expensive.. There are some nice padded jeans out there or just leg gaurds themselves you can wear under your normal clothes for much cheaper.

looks like a nice combo. One thing to think about b4 you drop dime on leather pants is if you ever wanna do a track day. I'm pretty sure most tracks require a one piece suit. buying leather pants and a seperate suit can be expensive.. There are some nice padded jeans out there or just leg gaurds themselves you can wear under your normal clothes for much cheaper.

I poked around on the sites for some of the nearby tracks and a decent amount allow 2-piece suits for beginner and intermediate classes. I know Mid-Ohio is pretty accepting of them, at least they are according to their site. The main stipulation is that is hard-ish to meet with a 2-piece suit is that you have to have a full back protector, and not all leather jackets have a pocket for one.

Okay, so we went to the Pony today so I could try on a a pair of the pants to see what size I would need,

had every intention of buying them next weekend. Turns out they don't have them in stock and they told me

they don't really get that paticular brand/model in.

So I got a pair of FieldSheer pants almost identical except all black. They were on sale, and my jacket is a

FieldSheer so they will zip into my jacket. They had one pair on the rack in my size, so I got em.

This is them...

fieldsheer-pants.jpg

Iron Pony link... http://tinyurl.com/bk9ms2

$259 out the door on sale.