Computer Speakers

jerrodh

Looking to get a new set of speakers, nothing to crazy just have recently updated all my computer componets and this is the last one. Anyone know an affordable set? And by affordable I mean cheap. Really looking at spending only $50-$75 maybe more to cover shipping/etc.

I checked newegg.com and picked this out. If anyone has any input on these or an alternative it be great cause i don't really know what to look for.

Looking for quality of sound > loudness. I don't ever blast my current system just want some updated quality and functionality.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010370060&page=1&bop=And

If you want quality, go BOSE. I know people are either for or against them, but i have BOSE 2 speaker set and they are nice. TERRIBLE low to mid, but excellent highs. Personally, i like base, so i have the Klipsch 2.1 speaker set with 200w of power. They are perfect for the balance i want. Which is base/loudness and clarity. They arent the best in the highs, but decent enough but good in the mids to lows. I work for Best Buy so i got these for well below consumer pricing and im glad i picked them. If you cant spend more than 75, i would go with a used set of BOSE companions or a new set of cheaper Logitech speakers.

If you want quality, go BOSE.

Overpriced IMO

I have a set of Harman Kardon PC speakers and sub that are like 10 years old that I still rock, got them with my Dell 4100 pc. They are really good, the sub just blew recently but it still sounds good. If I were to get another set for my PC it would be Harman Kardon.

Go to best buy or wherever and buy a $100 radio receiver. Go find some nice floor speakers and buy them. I suggest speakers that are at least 2-3 feet tall. Get a male to male audio wire, hook it up to your sound card then the other end up to the receiver.

I did that in 10th grade and I still own and use the speakers. The receiver stopped working about a year ago and I just replaced it.