LT1 Race built 4L60e

mkent93

-CPT Race 4L60e originally out of an 11 sec nitrous car in Florida who is an active person at camaroz28.com

I bought it in good used condition and had it "refreshed" with new bands and clutches and also had it upgraded to the "Pro Race" build with the 4L65 front support and hardened shafts. I had a cooler line leaking pretty bad and burnt OD out of it the day after I installed it when I attempted to drive to work (it was 90 miles so it had plenty time to leak). After that, CPT got overloaded and I had to find a new guy to rebuild it. Vince Janis in Akron (very reputable nationally in the Buick Grand National world) tore into this transmission then, made sure I had all the upgrades I paid for from CPT and then he installed new frictions, steels and a 2-4 band. The day I got it reinstalled, i drove it 2 miles and busted the 10 bolt on a 2nd-3rd shift...I fixed that and a week later busted a rocker stud in the motor. Point being, this transmission has about 1 tank of gas on it and it shifted flawlessly on 6psi from a TC78 turbo.

-2800 Vigilante Single Disc Lockup. I just had it rebuilt at Precision when the trans was rebuilt. It also has less than a tank of gas on it.

$1200 obo for the ProRace built 4L60e

$400 obo for the Vigilante convertor

If somebody wants both, make me an offer. I'll make it a package deal.

mkent93@yahoo.com if you have questions

Edited by mkent93

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the list of work done to this transmission:

Custom shift kit, Fairbanks "Billet" 2 nd servo, Sonnax "Super Hold" 4th servo, .490" Sonnax pressure regulator boost valve, Alto "Wide" Red Lined 2-4 band, 7 Raybestos "Blue" 3-4 frictions, "Kolene" friction coated 3-4 steels OR Raybestos "Z-Pack", Sonnax "High RPM" pump slide spring, "The Beast" H/D sun shell, New Borg-Warner 29 element input sprag, Sonnax "full throttle upshift sleeve" (700)

4L65E front support, 4L65E hardened output shaft, and updated steel piston set for the input drum