Vacations in November

ShoMeSomeFun

If you were single, had around a 5k budget (not including flights) for two weeks, where would you go during November?

My contract ends in November so looking to just wild out. Dont really care to relax.

Also my job is taking me either to Rio de Janerio or Australia next so would like to avoid those areas as I will be living there anyway. Still if there's good party spots theres no hurt in getting a head start in those places. Also I have been to Ibiza, Cyprus, Vegas, and Croatia all great places, something along those lines is what Im looking for just southern hemisphere.

What would you do? Singles Cruise? Vaca packages targeted towards single people? Let me know.

If the southern hemisphere is where youre looking to go, I'd go to South Africa, Australia (but you'll end up there anyway) or New Zealand.

2 weeks in South Africa will give you plenty of time to check out Cape Town, Johannesburg area and Kruger National Park, with time to go check out many of the other cool places. It's a beautiful country, with great weather and good nightlife as well.

Since it seems that all the other suggestions in the thread so far except for KickAss's are in the northern hemisphere, I'll throw one out as well: Thailand. It's sunny and in the 80's in Bangkok in November .... plenty of adventurous nightlife (discos, pick-up bars, strip clubs, and wilder things) ..... great beaches, plenty of cultural sightseeing & nature tours. Lately there's been more violence in Bangkok, but it's nothing like visiting Juarez (across from El Paso), and if that kind of thing scares you, you can just stay away from the larger cities. The U.S. State Department is currently advising tourists to avoid areas of anti-government protest (common sense), but I would hope this would be resolved before November.

If you can get away a week or so earlier, the Fantasy Festival goes on in Key West the last week of October, and it's a pretty wild party and always warm weather.

For the southern hemisphere, check out Fiji, but unfortunately in November it's cyclone season, but temps are in the 80's usually with high humidity.

Mancora, Peru is supposed to be the next-big-thing for surfing and beach partying ex-pats. Warm temps and crystal clear water.

New Zealand is beautiful country, but most parts of it are pretty cool (50-60's) in November. It's pretty lacking in nightlife, too.

You mentioned possibly avoiding Australia, but the weather is favorable in November and freinds tell me that Sydney and Melbourne are party central for the beautiful people. You also wanted to generally avoid Rio, but if you decide to get a head-start there, the Ipanema district is supposed to be a great place.

Edited by Doc

If the southern hemisphere is where youre looking to go, I'd go to South Africa, Australia (but you'll end up there anyway) or New Zealand.

2 weeks in South Africa will give you plenty of time to check out Cape Town, Johannesburg area and Kruger National Park, with time to go check out many of the other cool places. It's a beautiful country, with great weather and good nightlife as well.

the girl that works the front desk at the gym i go to is from there, and she just left on the 20th to go back for 6 months...i believe she said it was some sort of mission trip or something.

Since it seems that all the other suggestions in the thread so far except for KickAss's are in the northern hemisphere, I'll throw one out as well: Thailand. It's sunny and in the 80's in Bangkok in November .... plenty of adventurous nightlife (discos, pick-up bars, strip clubs, and wilder things) ..... great beaches, plenty of cultural sightseeing & nature tours. Lately there's been more violence in Bangkok, but it's nothing like visiting Juarez (across from El Paso), and if that kind of thing scares you, you can just stay away from the larger cities. The U.S. State Department is currently advising tourists to avoid areas of anti-government protest (common sense), but I would hope this would be resolved before November.

If you can get away a week or so earlier, the Fantasy Festival goes on in Key West the last week of October, and it's a pretty wild party and always warm weather.

For the southern hemisphere, check out Fiji, but unfortunately in November it's cyclone season, but temps are in the 80's usually with high humidity.

Mancora, Peru is supposed to be the next-big-thing for surfing and beach partying ex-pats. Warm temps and crystal clear water.

New Zealand is beautiful country, but most parts of it are pretty cool (50-60's) in November. It's pretty lacking in nightlife, too.

You mentioned possibly avoiding Australia, but the weather is favorable in November and freinds tell me that Sydney and Melbourne are party central for the beautiful people. You also wanted to generally avoid Rio, but if you decide to get a head-start there, the Ipanema district is supposed to be a great place.

Thanks for the post, Im going to Rio for New Years with some friends. Thats another reason I was going to avoid it during november.