need help boosted my gsr integra and it is boost creeping real bad like 8 to 10 lbs

jmc3271647545506

if any one can help please give me a call here is my set up

99 gsr big 16g turbo

3in down pipe

open dump tube

440 injectors

hondata 4 bar map

hondata s100

walbro 255

2 1/2 inch catback

hks dual port blow off valve

front mount

all hard piping

thanks john 614-315-6618

Guest Removed
/\ what im thinking. im thinking the 16g has it in the hot side housing. may have to pull the turbo and check it and make sure its not cracked, or the seat needs ground

/\ what im thinking. im thinking the 16g has it in the hot side housing. may have to pull the turbo and check it and make sure its not cracked, or the seat needs ground

If it where cracked he would have the opposite problem. It might need ported if its internal or just need a larger housing in general. I'd check pre-turbine pressure.

If its an ebay/cheaper turbo, the wastegate design can be the problem. Has been tested on K04's, the Borg Warner's do not creep, but the ebay ones do due to the wastegate. Porting the wastegate seemed to fix the problem.

Is it creeping from 8 to 10lbs or 8 to 10 over what you have it set at? When you run a turbo like that a low boost, its going to creep unless you hog out the wastegate flapper and 02 housing. When you run it at higher boost, this effect goes away for the most part, but still can happen. But if you are running 8 and its creeping to 10, i would say thats not too too bad. If its creeping 10 over what you have it set at, you need to port that sommamabitch.

If its an ebay/cheaper turbo, the wastegate design can be the problem. Has been tested on K04's, the Borg Warner's do not creep, but the ebay ones do due to the wastegate. Porting the wastegate seemed to fix the problem.

Is it creeping from 8 to 10lbs or 8 to 10 over what you have it set at? When you run a turbo like that a low boost, its going to creep unless you hog out the wastegate flapper and 02 housing. When you run it at higher boost, this effect goes away for the most part, but still can happen. But if you are running 8 and its creeping to 10, i would say thats not too too bad. If its creeping 10 over what you have it set at, you need to port that sommamabitch.

These are the two answers I agree with, as well. Been through a similar problem before. The divorced wastegate dump you're running only makes it worse. A little back pressure until you can port the wastegate may help. During the winter, I used my silencer. It was just enough until I solved the problem properly.

Did you check to make sure the wastegate actuator is opening fully and not hitting anything? There was a thread on SM the other day where a guys wastegate actuator linkage was hitting his downpipe flange. Just a idea.

Also, you could always hook a air compressor to your wastegate line and see what psi it opens up at.

Guest Removed

16g.....

(not sure, but this one was doing the same thing)

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/Shop%20stuff/100_5665.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/Shop%20stuff/100_5669.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/Shop%20stuff/100_5670.jpg

just pulled it off the car a hour ago.

Guest Removed
was making 10 pounds...and the gasket to the manifold was fucked...trust me..i know. i drove it before we pulled it, and found the bolts broke off in the turbo...now its time to start buying upgrades...anyone have any?(shit , i'll go start a thread)

How could a cracked housing creep?? It doesnt makes sense. That car should have been making almost no boost, not creeping.

+1

Boost creep is rising boost due to not enough exhaust

bypassing the housing. For example, you're set for 13 psi, and when you floor it, you get a quick rise to 13 or 14 psi. But then as rpm's climb, the boost creeps

higher and higher: 14, 15, 16, 17, etc. Enlargening the wastegate hole is one cure for boost creep

* Normal boost rise when set to 13 psi = shoots up to 14, then 13, 13, 13...

* Spiking = shoots up to 16, then 15, 14, 13, 13, 13...

* Boost creep = shoots up to 14, then 13, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17...

* Spiking and boost creep = shoots up to 16, then 15, 14, 13, 14, 15, 16,17...

And you forgot surge. Which is when your comp wheel and turbine wheel are improperly matched causing unbalance. Like this.

One of the only true videos on youtube explaining and showing true compressor surge.

My 14b off my 1g when i had it a long time ago still made boost when the wastegate housing was cracked. It wasnt as bad as that but def had a crack. As for making boost, it just has to work even harder to make the boost the wastegate is set to.

was making 10 pounds...and the gasket to the manifold was fucked...trust me..i know. i drove it before we pulled it, and found the bolts broke off in the turbo...now its time to start buying upgrades...anyone have any?(shit , i'll go start a thread)

HEAT. Cause by a rediculous pressure ratio, which will also cause boost creep.

No, i thought he meant he was running 10 psi. He never specified in the OP. So, i was just letting him know thats what stock is. Yea, i would also port the o2 housing as well!