yo dawg

Ramsey

guess I'm an ass for feeding my dog iams. He has a stomach of steel though and would eat a brick if he thought it would taste good.

Have any of you guys ever given your dogs a raw meat diet? I've heard great things about it but never had the stones (or financial motivation) to try it.

One time our dog was sick and they had us boil chicken and whole grain rice and feed him that, wouldn't that be better than most dry dog foods or would it be lacking in some respect?

I know some other guys on another forum that rave about a raw diet.

check this out.. i just dont have the monies for it.

http://www.barfworld.com/

Blue Buffalo is one of the best dog foods around, but it's very rich. I found my dogs gained too much weight with normal measurements they should be eating. Nutro is probably my favorite though, comes in big bags so I don't have to worry for a week and it's one of the better foods for them.

Natures Recipe, Venison and Rice. Does both our Boxers good. Not cheap by any means. I've watch it go from $34 for 40lbs to $46 for 35lbs. But I've never had a single food or allergy related issue. They love it too. Two bags about ever 3-4 weeks.

http://pet.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pPETS-7281198dt.jpg

Yea, if they are allergic to chicken or rice...

Nah, it has to do with allergies in general. My gf could explain it better, but when a dog has skin allergies caused by food they recommend using a different meat all together. She's the Dr, I don't question her, lol.