DIY Alignments

AJ

Looks interesting, but I'm more interested in Toe.. Have to find the room to set up a string box for that though.. :/

I just do it by eyesight until I can get a real alignment and usually I can get it within a mm. Hell, on my MR2 I got the rear toe in spec with eyesight.. I was pissed when I paid to get an alignment and it was spot on.

I just do it by eyesight until I can get a real alignment and usually I can get it within a mm. Hell, on my MR2 I got the rear toe in spec with eyesight.. I was pissed when I paid to get an alignment and it was spot on.

Don't take it to someone that charges for alignments that are fine?

Ask alex @boostperformaceauosports. he brought me a truck 2 days ago with some tire wear, for me to call and tell him shits fine, come pick it up for free.

i.e. call me next time you need an alignment

Looks interesting, but I'm more interested in Toe.. Have to find the room to set up a string box for that though.. :/

I used to set toe with a measuring tape and a friend. I'd measure on the front and back side of the tire using a tread groove as my mark. Seemed to to be fairly accurate.

I used to set toe with a measuring tape and a friend. I'd measure on the front and back side of the tire using a tread groove as my mark. Seemed to to be fairly accurate.

Yup, but that requires a friend.. And I'm a poor lonely soul...

I've done it with a short board across the tire with marks at either end. THe actual measurement doesn't matter, just the difference. I just don't feel right asking someone to come over just to hold the end of a measuring tape. :p

Holy shit.. well I'm going to get it and let you know how it works out. My car needs an alignment and I'll give comparisons compared to a real alignment rack.

i would like to see the results of this if you do! i dont have an iphone either but i like to hear little ideas like this that work great for DIY crowds.

Don't take it to someone that charges for alignments that are fine?

Ask alex @boostperformaceauosports. he brought me a truck 2 days ago with some tire wear, for me to call and tell him shits fine, come pick it up for free.

i.e. call me next time you need an alignment

I have a place that I can get it done for $20, but still, to pay $20 to find it's in spec is annoying.

I have a place that I can get it done for $20, but still, to pay $20 to find it's in spec is annoying.

Is this a friend/family deal? Or can some of us get in on that? I'm sick of paying $120 to get my toe adjusted just because my car LOOKS fast.

Is this a friend/family deal? Or can some of us get in on that? I'm sick of paying $120 to get my toe adjusted just because my car LOOKS fast.

$120??? i didn't think anyone would pay that much. we charge $79.95

If you show up to an NTB with a fast looking car and your own settings, they charge you $120. My cars don't have any additional adjustments than stock. Caster isn't adjustable, and only front camber is adjustable (which gets maxed anyways). And I'm not asking for anything wild, just 0 toe all around.

If you show up to an NTB with a fast looking car and your own settings, they charge you $120. My cars don't have any additional adjustments than stock. Caster isn't adjustable, and only front camber is adjustable (which gets maxed anyways). And I'm not asking for anything wild, just 0 toe all around.

really?

When are people on this board gonna stop going to the ntb closest to their house, instead of the one that gets positive review after positive review? Time and time again I fix problems that other stores created, or couldnt fix themselves, and your car is just one more example. we do porsches, amg mercedes, bmw m cars, 8 and 9 sec. vettes, and the list goes on and on.

My store is no more than 15 mins from any part of town. If your sick of being overcharged leaving unhappy look at the consumer reports forum.

Whatever store you go to, have they even offered you a 1,3,or 5 year policy? I could charge you $200 and adjust every angle on your car twice a week for the next 5 years if you want.(not to mention your next car if you sell the current one in the 5 yr period.)

really?

When are people on this board gonna stop going to the ntb closest to their house, instead of the one that gets positive review after positive review? Time and time again I fix problems that other stores created, or couldnt fix themselves, and your car is just one more example. we do porsches, amg mercedes, bmw m cars, 8 and 9 sec. vettes, and the list goes on and on.

My store is no more than 15 mins from any part of town. If your sick of being overcharged leaving unhappy look at the consumer reports forum.

Whatever store you go to, have they even offered you a 1,3,or 5 year policy? I could charge you $200 and adjust every angle on your car twice a week for the next 5 years if you want.(not to mention your next car if you sell the current one in the 5 yr period.)

I didn't know you offered this :)

really?

The Mustang will be there

really?

do you work at the ntb downtown? is that where they offer that special? we pay tons of money for alignments :(

ntb's website says "FREE ALIGNMENTS every 6 months or whenever you feel you need it."

so what if we wanted it every week...would people give us shit about it? we have free tire rotation from a place and they give us a hard time when we go in

done get me wrong..mazda 3 rear adj control arms for camber plain suck to adjust. they also fit the ford focus so I took the 2 wrenches you need to adjust them and cut them down to a usable size.. but i can't speak for all the stores..If you're coming downtown, you're never going to be harassed about warranty rotations or alignments, granted I prefer you buy the alignment or tires from me if I'm going to be doing future stuff for free. but the warranty is good anywhere.

Derek here