LT1 tune locally?

zeitgeist57

I'm freshening up the LT1 in my 1995 Corvette. In deleting the AIR and EGR system, along wit a multiple of parts, I was wondering who can tune a '95???

PCMforLess.com does a great job, but if someone else knows what they are doing for a mild tune, and any sort of code reset for removing EGR/AIR systems, I would be happy to give them the business. Please let me know...

Is the 95 Vette OBD1 or OBD2? I know my 95 Camaro is OBD1 PCM with an OBD2 plug. I had PCMforless do my initial tune on my 383 and it was very close. I had the Dyno tune done over at dyno brian's. He has a friend with the software for OBD1. If the Vette is the same configuration as my Camaro I have the cable which makes the PCMforless easy.

I can delete the EGR and whatever else you want, but I can't tune for squat. I had PCM4LESS do my tune, but before I could test it, I popped a few rockers and now I gotta pull the heads off to get all of the broken valve springs out of the cyl.

Rick, I'm the same...OBD1 with the cable interface for OBD2. What do you mean the PCMforless tune is "easy"?

If you have the ALDL cable (I do) PCMforLess can email you the data file for $50. It's a snap to upload. It's similar to flashing the BIOS on a PC if you have ever done that. I've done it twice now. Once after my LT4 Hot Cam fiasco (not the fault of the tune), and initial break in for my 383. I just looked at their site. The FAQ lists an upload yourself service, but I couldn't find any way to order it. The return email from my last dealings with them is:

programmer@pcmforless.com

I'd be happy to help you do this if you want a hand.

FAQ Link

http://www.pcmforless.com/index.php?option=com_easyfaq&task=cat&catid=19&Itemid=78#faq2

Edited by Richard Cranium
Added link to PCMforLess FAQ

Thanks for all the help, guys.

Rick, thanks for your offer of experience doing this. I will take you up on your offer...after I get the damm harmonic balancer off first. I have to raise the engine up a few inches???

Rob, after getting stuff loaded up, I'll be glad to get you involved as well. Again, it's gonna be awhile.

CJ, I'm at work now so I can't see the eBay link. I do have to get AIR/EGR block-off plates and there is a vendor that sells them for $18...not sure if that's what you are referencing...

Right now, I need an old cap and plastic "collar" for an Optispark...mine are cracked something fierce...

I'll check, I the leftover parts from my tuneup. I might have the opti part you need. I also have some odds and ends parts left over from my old Delteq kit. You're welcome to have them.

The ebay link is for the ALDL cable from AKM. You can buy your own ($90 plus shipping) or we can use mine. The cable is handy. There is a program called free scan that I have used to monitor the PCM. It will show readouts of all the information the PCM is processing in real time. You can also read codes, including codes that do not throw an SES light. If you decide you want to buy the cable let me know before hand. I might sell you mine. I now need one with both the OBD1 and OBD2 plug. Before with the 95 Z/28 I only needed the OBD2 connector. Now I also have the 94 Impala SS which has the same PCM, but an OBD1 plug. I'm debating on buy the dual plug cable vs. buying a separate cable.

The block off plates are something I picked up off ebay too. They are very simple and could be made relatively easily by anyone with basic machine tools. But I think for sub $20 it's easier to just order them and save the hassle. By the time I go buy the materials it's not worth the hassle. Also, they should come with precut gaskets which is handy.

I'll check, I the leftover parts from my tuneup. I might have the opti part you need. I also have some odds and ends parts left over from my old Delteq kit. You're welcome to have them.

The ebay link is for the ALDL cable from AKM. You can buy your own ($90 plus shipping) or we can use mine. The cable is handy. There is a program called free scan that I have used to monitor the PCM. It will show readouts of all the information the PCM is processing in real time. You can also read codes, including codes that do not throw an SES light. If you decide you want to buy the cable let me know before hand. I might sell you mine. I now need one with both the OBD1 and OBD2 plug. Before with the 95 Z/28 I only needed the OBD2 connector. Now I also have the 94 Impala SS which has the same PCM, but an OBD1 plug. I'm debating on buy the dual plug cable vs. buying a separate cable.

The block off plates are something I picked up off ebay too. They are very simple and could be made relatively easily by anyone with basic machine tools. But I think for sub $20 it's easier to just order them and save the hassle. By the time I go buy the materials it's not worth the hassle. Also, they should come with precut gaskets which is handy.

I have my ALDL cable for sale if interested looking for $50, but am negotiable. http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78125

Edited by 96blkform
thread link