Better gas mileage

KStang3.8

Doesn't seem like you will save that much money in the long run with weight reduction on a small scale. If you get 1 mpg more, really, what is that? Another 15 miles per tank or $2 you might save on a fill up? Is that worth it to save $8 a month?

Could just get a little beater car or something that get 35mpg. An old civic 5 speed or similar.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya i think you're right about the weight reduction. That seems to be the general consensus.

I'm ordering my SCT Tune today, hopefully i'll get it within a day or two.

Won't know for awhile if it made a difference though, because i only drive on the weekends, and not very much. But i'm hoping it can get me to 20mpg. It claims it can bump you up 5 mpg, so, if thats anywhere close to true, my 17mpg should make it up to 20.

Guest Removed
American Muscle. I was gonna switch to 87 octane and do an "economy" tune. They offer performance or economy tunes. current is 93 octane performance. Think switching to 87 economy is a good idea?

mail order tunes dont do hardly any thing!

put the stock tune back in it, and the stock gears!

one thing that can make you MPG way off is a vacuum leak, dirty maf, of sluggish 02 sensors. and putting in taller gears!

Guest tbutera2112
inb4mymotorisblowbecauseofcheapfuelthatcausedthemotortoleanoutandrodstoknock!

yep, 87 octane is going to explode a car that was designed to run on it.... in fact, every car on the road that runs 87 is sure to be doomed! :jerkit:

Martin wasn't as dumb as this kid, and it may not mean anything but they don't share the same IP. kstang does, however, share the same IP adress as Brandon with IPS :o

:rolleyes:

OR.........

They both are pulling from the block of resnet ip's from OSU.... So him and 1000's of other people will utlize the same ip throughout a given year.

I'm on that resnet bullshit (annoying as hell, have to login like every half hour). But i am none of these people you named. I joined the site to ask JCroz about his M112'd V6, and had conversations with him in threads lol. I can assure i don't work at IPS and my names not martin.

mail order tunes dont do hardly any thing!

put the stock tune back in it, and the stock gears!

one thing that can make you MPG way off is a vacuum leak, dirty maf, of sluggish 02 sensors. and putting in taller gears!

this summer i'm putting the stock gears back on, and because of your reccommendation prob the stock tune. I had my O2 sensors looked at like 5000 miles ago cuz i had my EGR blow out like 5 times in 3 months (too much racing lol) so they inspected all the exhaust related shit really closely.

I'll check the MAF this weekend. What am i looking for? just gunk on the inside?

Guest Removed
I'm on that resnet bullshit (annoying as hell, have to login like every half hour). But i am none of these people you named. I joined the site to ask JCroz about his M112'd V6, and had conversations with him in threads lol. I can assure i don't work at IPS and my names not martin.

this summer i'm putting the stock gears back on, and because of your reccommendation prob the stock tune. I had my O2 sensors looked at like 5000 miles ago cuz i had my EGR blow out like 5 times in 3 months (too much racing lol) so they inspected all the exhaust related shit really closely.

I'll check the MAF this weekend. What am i looking for? just gunk on the inside?

check the wire the air flows across. should be white..if its blackish...clean it and see how fuel mileage is after ward.