m&p 15-22 carbine 22lr

Shawn89

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the decent ones are $400+. At that point might as well get an entire rifle.

The dedicated .22lr rifles also have the correct twist ratio.

At that price, I would get a 10/22 and SEVERAL thousand rounds of ammo! :D

KillJoy

And at half the price of the Ruger I can get a Savage....

Close, but not quite...

Savage 64: $120

Mossberg 702 Plinkster: $120

Ruger 10/22 Carbine: $190

M&P 15-22: $460

These are all taken from Vance's current add... And in my PERSONAL opinion, the 10/22 is by far the superior option in build quality, aftermarket parts availability and cult-like following.

:D

KillJoy

yeah, you really can't compare the two very well. The 10/22 is like the AR or the .22 world. There is such an aftermarket for them it's ridiculous. Paying $400+ for a .22 plinker is kind of stupid if you ask me. I have a cmmg .22 conversion I've used in may of my ARs, and it's fine for $180. Not as accurate as my 10/22, but it's a plinker so it doesn't matter.

yeah, you really can't compare the two very well. The 10/22 is like the AR or the .22 world. There is such an aftermarket for them it's ridiculous. Paying $400+ for a .22 plinker is kind of stupid if you ask me. I have a cmmg .22 conversion I've used in may of my ARs, and it's fine for $180. Not as accurate as my 10/22, but it's a plinker so it doesn't matter.

the 10/22 or the 15/22? I thought the 10/22 was just a magazine fed riffle where the 15/22 looks like the AR just fires 22LR's?

am I missing something?

I went to Vances tonight with every intention of purchasing a M&P 15/22 and the sales guy convinced me that the 10/22 is a better all around riffle... and it's on sale right now for 189... with the money I saved, I upgraded my CCW to a .380 :) shhhhhh don't tell the wife :D

I went to Vances tonight with every intention of purchasing a M&P 15/22 and the sales guy convinced me that the 10/22 is a better all around riffle... and it's on sale right now for 189... with the money I saved, I upgraded my CCW to a .380 :) shhhhhh don't tell the wife :D

As soon as I'm able to get my ccw I'm going for a taurus pt 24/7 .40cal its an awsome pistol.

State Law does not regulate firearms.... federal does.

18 = Long Guns

21 = Hand Guns

KillJoy

I was gonna buy a mossburg 500 cruiser when I got my 870 but they wouldn't sell it to me because its a pistol grip, what's up with that?

That's cool. I've shot plenty of 10/22's. Very good gun. It will shoot whatever you feed it. I enjoy the m&p 15-22 more though. Just feels way different than the 10/22 and is more fun for me to shoot. When I went to the range my buddies wanted to shoot my M&P. Probably to give their wallet a break from shooting 5.56.