school me on ninjas...

macpyro2

I might have a deal on a 99 ninja 600 from my friends dads bike shop, iv been looking for a bike for some time now and my friend just said this bike came in and i need to check it out... He said its super clean, no major scratches or anything. Is there anything I should look for or does anyone ride this bike? Would just like some more info before I drop the cash for it.

My riding history pretty much only consists of dirt bikes, not much road time so what should i be looking for when I test drive it?

I actually owned a 99 600 for a few years. You didn't mention ZX6 or ZX6R.

Mine was a ZX6; extremely comfy bike. Faster than a lot of people realized, surprised a few folks. Nice storage compartments for wallet, cigs, whatever. Never had to do a thing besides keep tires on it and change oil. Probably one of the quickest, comfy older crotch rockets out there... for the money.

http://nurkvinny.com/images/Vehicles/Bikes/1999_ZX6/99ZX61.JPG

idk if its an R or not ill find out

I rode a friend's 2000 ZX6R and besides not feeling any faster, the angle of the bike kept making me slide forwards and ram my nuts into the tank. The entire 15 minutes I was on it was a constant battle to not rack myself.