Clutch Advice

99FLHRCI

So the time has come to replace my clutch. I have replaced plenty of them but always with a stock (or aftermarket stock style) clutch. I am currently having trouble with my clutch slipping if I beat on the car or if the clutch gets hot. I imagine this is because of the 120k on it plus the increase in power from all my add ons. So I have a few questions. First, where is a good place to learn about clutches, their options and the pros/cons of such. I have done some reading on the internet and it seems like the main options are solid or sprung, material, and number of pucks. Second, what brands have people had good luck with? Bad luck? Last, what are the pros/cons of a lightened flywheel on a street car?

Thanks for the help.

Guest Removed

not all good clutchs have pucks.

for a daily for sure get something sprung.

might want to stay away from anything with a puck. i'd say just get something a step or so above stock, with some extra clamping force, and turn the flywheel. and you should be good.

Stock I had 195hp at the flywheel (factory rating). Talking to Eric at IPS my new setup should be easily able to hit 300+hp. How far above a stock clutch should I go? Are you recommending that I go with a full disc instead of a 3, 4 or 6 puck?