Carpenter Ants

Drewhop

I found a ground bee hive next to my daughter's Swing set. I called someone to come relocate them, they told me if they are in the ground they don't care about those bees, and to kill them. So what do I get to kill them all without destroying my grass there?

At night pour gas down the hole, light on fire.

I found a ground bee hive next to my daughter's Swing set. I called someone to come relocate them, they told me if they are in the ground they don't care about those bees, and to kill them. So what do I get to kill them all without destroying my grass there?

you have digger bees they are harmless.

http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-Ground-Digger-Wasps-(Cicada-Killers)-from-Your-Lawn

I have placed enough boric acid around my house that all bugs within a quarter mile shall perish. I have not not saw any since I placed the boric. I dont know if that is good or bad. I did read that I will need to clean everything in a two room radius after placing the boric. I guess the ants pick up pieces of it and take it back to there nest and it destroys the nest from inside out. Which can also leave residue on anything they walk on after they pick up the boric.

Are these ants doing any property damage? If not, they're harmless. I can go in my back yard and find 3 heavily populated species of ants. I haven't had a problem with any of them for a long time. ANytime I have, I get rid of whatever it is they're after and then destroy their scent trails. After a couple times of that, they always leave and continue to live outside doing their jobs and keeping down the insect population around my house.

I also don't kill the House centipedes in my garage. Creepy, fast little buggers, yes. But I have almost no spiders etc in my garage.

Are these ants doing any property damage? If not, they're harmless. I can go in my back yard and find 3 heavily populated species of ants. I haven't had a problem with any of them for a long time. ANytime I have, I get rid of whatever it is they're after and then destroy their scent trails. After a couple times of that, they always leave and continue to live outside doing their jobs and keeping down the insect population around my house.

I also don't kill the House centipedes in my garage. Creepy, fast little buggers, yes. But I have almost no spiders etc in my garage.

Death to all invaders I say... :cool:

I am not positive they are doing damage yet. But I have a immaculate kitchen. I am talking no crumbs no mess no ditry dishes. My trash is completely sealed and taken out nightly. I have ants in my kitchen even after my OCD cleaning. I am not generally a bug killer but ants dont belong in my kitchen in large quanities.

Plus they started it. Stay outside stay alive. Come inside and die.

I just had the Orkin man out at my house yesterday to look at a birds nest in my attic. He also looked around our yard because we have had the burrowing bees and he found carpenter ants too. He said it usually take a years worth of treatment to get rid of them and to keep them from coming back again. I guess they are eating my willow tree and killing a lot of grass in the yard. You may want to have someone come out and look and see what you have.