Just Bolt Ons and Mild Tune - Nothing fantastic -

I have:

CPE Nano Intake

Cobb Inlet

HKS BOV (Always in Recirc)

CPE 3" DP & Full CBE

CPE Full Control & Fuel Cut Flashes

CPE Standback - DI Engine MGMT

I can run what ever boost up to 19 or so - I usually run 1 of 2 maps made for 16 & 18 (made by me)

Like I said earlier - I ditched those gauges a while back for Amber Prosport in the center of my dash...

I'm looking for parts right now actually - I haz fmic core and need piping - I also need high pressure cam driven fuel pump - Any MZR guys know what I'm talking about - I'm also looking for nice full set of mounts - So if any one on here has MS3 let me know...

Speed Rules

Don't forget Cars and Coffee in the morning man. Bring your buffer and some scratch X for Paul's SRT. Wheels, doors, interior, HIDs and a hood too :)

Edited by TTQ B4U

Cam driven fuel pump...sounds like overkill/bad idea.

cdfp is a safety must on this car if you want to make power and not go zoom zoom boom

and btw i'm just talking about getting a better version of the stock unit..

this car is di not pi it comes with supply pump and cdfp

Speed Rules

Don't forget Cars and Coffee in the morning man. Bring your buffer and some scratch X for Paul's SRT. Wheels, doors, interior, HIDs and a hood too :)

U should of seen the car on Friday there was this tree that shed all its pollen allll over the car.... yea I still haven't cleaned it.

Cam driven fuel pump...sounds like overkill/bad idea.

At a certain power level it looks like they need to upgrade the stock cam-driven pump. If you need good info about the upgrade check out http://www.goapr.com and read about the upgrade on an Audi 2.0TSI. It's the same pump on the MS3. Although the DI GM cars are adjusting their fuel pressure with tables in the ECU and are putting out ~500 HP with a completely stock fuel system. Not sure the design differences between the GM and Audi/Mazda pump (Hitachi), and I know some MS3/6 tuners are adjusting fuel pressure.

Welcome. I always liked the MS3 and I still miss the handling of my MS Protege.

At a certain power level it looks like they need to upgrade the stock cam-driven pump. If you need good info about the upgrade check out http://www.goapr.com and read about the upgrade on an Audi 2.0TSI. It's the same pump on the MS3. Although the DI GM cars are adjusting their fuel pressure with tables in the ECU and are putting out ~500 HP with a completely stock fuel system. Not sure the design differences between the GM and Audi/Mazda pump (Hitachi), and I know some MS3/6 tuners are adjusting fuel pressure.

It could have alot to do with how/what it's being driven with. On my generation(FSI), the pump is driven off of the intake cam with a 180* double lobe setup.

This is also done without any sort of roller, and is a flat tappet setup, which also leads to insane wear and frequent follower replacement, or pump&cam replacement if you let it go to long.

On the newer TSI engines, they have a new up front/exahust cam 4-lobe with roller setup & short stroke. The tuners thus far have theorized you'll run of turbo before running out of fuel on this setup.

Thankully, my new APR FSi pump is going in shortly. :)

Edited by Jones

Or I could just go buy this one when they have them in stock again:

http://www.cp-e.com/2111.html

As it's by far the best with no break-in time due to extensive bench testing. Plus I've already assisted others installing their pumps. I'm just not rich & haven't been able to for over the $$ yet...

BTW it is almost the same as the Audi and the new VW's a GTI and I were comparing last night..

APR was talking about hooking up with CPE at one point on parts - but the idea died :(

In all honesty, a birdie told me that the Audi and Mazda pump internals are the same, which is why companies like ProtegeGarage were offering upgrades that they would assemble themselves. (They originally bought the pump internals from APR, until they had a few issues, as far as I can tell it's because APR probably sorts the pistons based on what part of the spec they fall in, then match them to a specific bore size for optimal fitment, and ProtegeGarage probably didn't.)

It would be hard to rival the R&D that APR has done on their parts. They have a specially built test rig for these pumps. They test every pump after assembly and verify the flow. I would not be surprised if APR is the company CP-E is using to source their pumps.

Here's their injector test stand:

I've seen the actual maker of the internals cpe uses & it's not APR - But it's buried somewhere in the threads of MSF -

As for the testing process & rig I'm not 100%

Some of the other folks that make internals for the pump are PTP - KMD - and MrLilGuy - Protege Garage doesn't make anything themselves as far as the pump goes they just sell PTPs and KMD's

Protege Garage doesn't make anything themselves as far as the pump goes they just sell PTPs and KMD's

Correct, but they initially tested a handful of units before being pulled from the market from what sounded like pistons seizing in the pump. Most likely that's due to him assembling them in his garage/house instead of having APR do it, so the pistons were not matched properly to the bore sizes. He relaunched a few months later with parts from a different company.

Around the time PG was testing his parts I was in contact with APR about the GM Ecotec pump.

If APR is making them for GM they have it locked man - I've read about ZZP tuning with HP Tuners - Using around 2600psi fp making over 500 on those balts. Makes me wish I bought one of them. Increased fuel pressure mechanically and through tuning is a major necessary with di.

If APR is making them for GM they have it locked man - I've read about ZZP tuning with HP Tuners - Using around 2600psi fp making over 500 on those balts. Makes me wish I bought one of them. Increased fuel pressure mechanically and through tuning is a major necessary with di.

No one makes pumps for the GM cars. ZZP is making over 500 HP on a completely stock fuel system, as far as I've seen.

The GM pump is completely different from the Hitachi pump Audi and Mazda use.

Interesting. I had no idea that they were stock cam driven pumps.

Geez, if it isn't 2.7T you just ignore it.....:gtfo:

No I'm just not baller enough to have cars new enough with their fancy pants DI, cam driven fuel pumps. Before I got the S4 I was still rocking one of these....

http://audimedia.iconicweb.com/mediasite/libraryImages/HI010026_large__mid.jpg

(the first Horch aka Audi)

Needles to say, it didnt even have Quattro :(

2.7T > all, son