Kia of the Motorcycle World?

Main3s

So I'm looking for a bike and run accross this... http://columbus.craigslist.org/mcy/1696729844.html

I've never even heard of a ZongShen!? $1850 for brand new 08 that has 2 miles on it :confused: Sure it's a 250 but for a 1st bike why not. Seems like a cheapo bike that will probably be worthless in a year or 2 or fall apart... am I wrong?

That's not even a Kia, it's a Lada. But for $1850 it looks like a nice learners bike. You can buy a gently used Ninja 250 for that price too.

Hahah, yeah that's what I thought. But it's cheap and looks pretty damn good actualy. I'm just thinking re-sale. I know there's always a decent market for beginner bikes, I had just never heard of this company. Buy it this year for $1800 sell it next year for $800. :( At least the Ninjas hold their value I've seen a few nice ninjas on OhioRiders. Not sure if I want to go with a 250 or not. I guess a first bike is a first bike.

by my sv650..

great running bike, great bike for a beginner, and its alot of fun.

its in the for sale section

not to much more in price than that korean thing you found.

I know, I've seen it there and for the price and maintenance it's a really good deal. I do like it, I'm still in the shopping around stage though. :D If it’s still available when I’m ready to buy in early June I’ll let you know.

dont buy any 250....i cant believe people still buy these things...get the sv650, perfect starter bike that you will enjoy for a few years!

x2 on this.

I love mine. Think I'ma keep it instead of jumping to an I4 anytime soon. Too much fun to be had on them.