Thoughts On Jetting

Mister2

00 CBR, pretty much stock, FMF pipe, K&N blah, blah, blah....would a jet kit benefit me much? also how much will it hurt MPG? i average 43-46 now, but i am willing to sacrifice a few mpg's for a little extra power. also where is cheapest place to buy, so far i found a DynoJet kit from Starcycle-usa.com for $112. thanks for info!!!

-Jack-:dj:

thats what i figured, it seemed real lean when i had it out right after putting the K & N on it, kinda like surged thru the gears on and off, but i just ordered a Dyno Jet stage 1 kit from ebay for $92 shipped, so i dont think thats too bad,

thats what i figured, it seemed real lean when i had it out right after putting the K & N on it, kinda like surged thru the gears on and off, but i just ordered a Dyno Jet stage 1 kit from ebay for $92 shipped, so i dont think thats too bad,

Believe it or not, your K&N might not flow as good as stock. I know that we found that to be true on several bikes.

Find a guy in your area with a dyno that knows something about carbs and let him do it.

well i didnt have much choice, i went to the dealership to get a new stock one, but they didnt have any, just a k &Nand they gave it to me for the price of a stocker so like $30+ off, so i will live with it, but it really did feel leaner with the filter it would surge on pulls, and it didnt do that before the install...so idk