NFL Draft Tonight

DaddyBuiltRacing

Anyone else watching it? Also who are you hoping your team selects. For me as a Browns fan I hope that Eric Berry Safety from Tennesee is still available when its their turn to pick. If not then I'd like them to take CJ Spiller the RB from Clemson.

I am also interested in seeing who in the 1st round takes Tebow, my feeling is either Jacksonville or Minnesota.

I want to know why the hell Clausen is so high on boards. The thought that people would put him above Bradford makes me sick to my stomach. Just like every other ND qb in the last decade tell me one quality win that they have. Clausen will end up just like Quinn...bust. Way overhyped and not do anything in the NFL. Just becuase you go to ND does NOT make you a good QB. Tebow should not be chosen in the first round. Again McCoy is a much better QB than Tebow. Its the mother ship hype making Tebow out to be greater than he really is. Yes he is the best college QB in a while but i dont think that will transfer over to the pros..... I am really excited about the draft it will be crazy to see the trades evolving Big Ben if he goes anywhere at all.

Side note has anyone seen those Skechers add with Joe Montanna? If I were the Raiders I would consider it for real since Jamarcus Russel is their starter. lol

If I were Al Davis, I would be throwing my picks to the Steelers for Big Ben. He will fit in just fine in Oakland.

My Lions better take Suh as the second pick, if they trade it away I will be pissed.

I will be Watching tonight for sure.

Anyone else noticing Buddy Ryan's son Rex trying to buy a Superbowl this up coming year? I hope they fail miserably.

Philly is RETARDED for trading McNabb to a division Rival, and now Dan Snyder is pissed because he may have been able to get Big Ben if he was patient. LOL

The ESPN videos of Gruden sitting down and reviewing tape with these kids before the draft has bee EPIC. I have become a huge Fan of John now. I really like him. The CJ Spiller one is great. http://search.espn.go.com/gruden-camp/video/6

Watch the Tebow one above for the doubters. He will be an NFL QB, and he will be no Ryan Leaf.

Anyone else watching it? Also who are you hoping your team selects. For me as a Browns fan I hope that Eric Berry Safety from Tennesee is still available when its their turn to pick. If not then I'd like them to take CJ Spiller the RB from Clemson.

I am also interested in seeing who in the 1st round takes Tebow, my feeling is either Jacksonville or Minnesota.

You bet I'm watching it. Big Niners fan, and I'm hoping they get Haden at 13 (if he falls that far). If he's gone, I hope they can still get one of the elite tackles, or Earl Thomas. They have a pick at 17 too, so they are in a really good spot.

I agree with the Tebow to Jax/Minn prediction. Others have said New England, I'm not sure how I feel about that.

I want to know why the hell Clausen is so high on boards. The thought that people would put him above Bradford makes me sick to my stomach.

Agreed, honestly I think Bradford is the only great QB in this class. It's a really weak draft for quarterbacks IMO.

If I were Al Davis, I would be throwing my picks to the Steelers for Big Ben. He will fit in just fine in Oakland.

My Lions better take Suh as the second pick, if they trade it away I will be pissed.

The ESPN videos of Gruden sitting down and reviewing tape with these kids before the draft has bee EPIC. I have become a huge Fan of John now. Watch the Tebow one above for the doubters. He will be an NFL QB, and he will be no Ryan Leaf.

I agree, I could see Roethlisberger going there, but I'm willing to bet he stays put. I think the Lions take Suh.

Gruden is the man, and Tampa Bay is fucking mentally defective for firing him. And I think Tebow has a future as an NFL quarterback. He won't be a Pro Bowler, but I think if he goes to the right team he'll end up starting at some point.

I think Tebow will be the best qb in this class when its all said and done. You wanna know why? He will be going to a better team to begin with compared to the other ones plus he has that "it" factor in my opinion. Bradford is pussy and cocky and honestly did not impress me while at Oklahoma.

Claussen would be getting even more hype had ND had a defense to help the offense. You really should watch tape of this kid he has a rifle for an arm, plus the ND offense was amazing last year with Golden Tate, Kyle Rudolph, Claussen and Michael Floyd.

I am pissed that the Browns took Haden, I do not think he is worth a 7th over all pick. I would've much rather either taken Spiller or even traded down and taken a guy like Derrick Morgan from Ga Tech, but hey I am not the GM and do not get paid millions to make these decisions.

I don't care about anything else we got Suh, I think he is the #1 player in the draft and we got the #1 player in the draft Two years in a row. The Millen days are truley over! Detroit will have a defense this year, and I hope we get another corner in the rounds to come. I have heard rumors that Detroit might trade some picks for Ronnie Brown from the Dolphins, I would love to see Ronnie Brown in Detroit, make this happen.

I want to know why the hell Clausen is so high on boards. The thought that people would put him above Bradford makes me sick to my stomach. Just like every other ND qb in the last decade tell me one quality win that they have. Clausen will end up just like Quinn...bust. Way overhyped and not do anything in the NFL. Just becuase you go to ND does NOT make you a good QB. Tebow should not be chosen in the first round. Again McCoy is a much better QB than Tebow. Its the mother ship hype making Tebow out to be greater than he really is. Yes he is the best college QB in a while but i dont think that will transfer over to the pros..... I am really excited about the draft it will be crazy to see the trades evolving Big Ben if he goes anywhere at all.

+1

Detroit got the number 1 player in last years draft? I think your smoking the funny grass if you think Stafford was the number 1 player in last years draft class. That kid wasn't even the best player at Georgia let alone the entire draft. They did get the best player in this years draft though I will give you that, and they did make a smart move trading back into the 1st round to pick up a RB. On paper the Lions are starting to look real nice, lets see how it translates to real life.

Detroit got the number 1 player in last years draft? I think your smoking the funny grass if you think Stafford was the number 1 player in last years draft class. That kid wasn't even the best player at Georgia let alone the entire draft. They did get the best player in this years draft though I will give you that, and they did make a smart move trading back into the 1st round to pick up a RB. On paper the Lions are starting to look real nice, lets see how it translates to real life.

I would def agree with this. If Detroit cannot break .500 it is a damn shame. They have so much talent going there I cant imagine at least putting up a fight for a playoff spot. So I wonder if the move to get Roy Williams worked out for Dallas? I think Dez Bryant was a steal so late in the draft. Seeing Clausen fall to at least the 2nd round was the greatest thing to watch yesterday. Reminds me of Quinn a few years ago bitching in the green room. CJ Spiller was my surprise in the first round yesterday. Yes he is a GREAT back but I do not understand why Buffalo went for him. They cant keep a qb on their feet and have 2 pretty good RBs as it stands. They need O-line like non other and go after a RB. No wonder that organization has been spinning out of control ever since their 4 Super Bowl appearences in a row. The Broncos should have gotten Mccoy that is all I am going to say. There is to much hype around Tebow...you cant fix 22 years of throwing mechanics in a few months. ESPN will not get off Tebow right now I cant even watch sportscenter.

BTW Erin Andrews is fucking hot as hell. Also the girl who was at Mccoys draft party was really hot

BTW Erin Andrews is fucking hot as hell. Also the girl who was at Mccoys draft party was really hot

+ 1 :cool:

I'm VERY happy with the 49ers, they got Anthony Davis who is one of the best two or three tackles in the draft, AND they got the best guard in Iupati who will be an absolute beast. Suddenly their weak ass line just became a lot better, and they are looking really good for 2010 and beyond.

The 49ers will make the playoffs this year, and Alex Smith will have a solid year and everyone will finally get off his nuts and stop saying the niners need a new QB, because they don't. You can quote that and feel free to bring it up next year, if you don't believe me look it up on truestory.com

Steelers just picked up Thad Gibson from OSU in Rd 4...good luck Thaddeus!

And he'll be considered a bust as soon as they put him at OLB in a 3-4 defense, god I really hate 3-4 defenses. Anyone remember a guy named Vernon Gholston? He was a freak DE in college, the Jets then ruined him by attempting to convert him to a LB

And he'll be considered a bust as soon as they put him at OLB in a 3-4 defense, god I really hate 3-4 defenses. Anyone remember a guy named Vernon Gholston? He was a freak DE in college, the Jets then ruined him by attempting to convert him to a LB

Anyone remember Mike Vrabel?

Woodley and Vrable both played LB in college at times...whats your point? Gibson started his career as a LB but got buried by depth so switched to DE and never looked back. Gholston never played LB in college. Your pointing out 2 players that have had success in switching, now show me all the ones that have not had the same success. I hope Gibson does well in the pro's as I root for every OSU player, I just don't think its gonna happen, esp in Pitt.

BTW they did take Doug Worthington as well

Again not a fan of 3-4 defenses but thats just personal opinion

Its the same principle as taking a college qb who's athletic and thinking he can become a great RB or WR...just cause the guy is fast does not mean he has the vision a rb needs, the ability to run routes, catch a ball and get splattered by a LB while going across the middle. I am gonna go on a limb and guess your one of those people that think Tebow should be a H back or a TE?

I was looking at some of the players that went undrafted and kinda suprised to see some of these names:

Jevan Snead: This kid was a preseason Heisman hopeful, funny how a few losses can effect a kids stock

LaGarrett Blunt: More famous for punching then anything else lol

Brandon Miner: He was Michigans best offensive player

Staffon Johnson: The kid was a 5 star recruit in highschool, shame he had the weight lifting accident

Woodley and Vrable both played LB in college at times...whats your point? Gibson started his career as a LB but got buried by depth so switched to DE and never looked back. Gholston never played LB in college. Your pointing out 2 players that have had success in switching, now show me all the ones that have not had the same success. I hope Gibson does well in the pro's as I root for every OSU player, I just don't think its gonna happen, esp in Pitt.
They took him as a project. He is needed to sure up special teams and to hopefully take over for Harrison one day

BTW they did take Doug Worthington as well
To convert to a 3-4 DE

I do think Gibson will help on Special Teams. Honestly he shoud've stayed another year at tOSU, but I understand having a family to support, you can always go back to school, you cant always be young and athletic

I really think the fear of a lockout sent a lot of the guys into the draft early.

lockout= no contracts which = no pay.

I really think the fear of a lockout sent a lot of the guys into the draft early.

lockout= no contracts which = no pay.

I think so too, smart move honestly as far as finances are concerned.

More than just a few losses. He played AWFUL pretty much all season

Yeah he was pretty terrible, you know he originially went to Texas but was lost the job to a guy by the name of Colt McCoy

Yeah he was pretty terrible, you know he originially went to Texas but was lost the job to a guy by the name of Colt McCoy

Yep, I remember

Looking just at college accomplishments, McCoy was the biggest value this whole draft. All those accolades for a 3rd round pickup, insane.

Yeah but it happens all the time, it's all about how a guy projects to the NFL. Look at what Danny Wuerffel did in college, and where he was drafted. He didn't have the size and the arm strength.

Now I think McCoy will fare better than Wuerffel did, and I do see your point. Some have compared him to Brees, but I don't know. He might have a good pro career but I wouldn't put money on it. Not sure about Tebow, Bradford or Clausen either. I just think it's a really weak draft for QB's. I could be wrong though. I thought Matt Ryan would be a bust, boy was I wrong.