t5 :\

Miller

I did something, I don't know what. I went to pull the car out today and the car went into gear and then then didn't go anywhere...Then I put it in neutral, try again and notice when I press the clutch it got softer. Then pressed it again and it felt nothing like I remember. I had the engine out, what do you think I did and need to do? I gave the engine puller back so ganking the motor is def not an option.

so, did you put the clutch back in? forget the throw out bearing?

before you pull the trans out. when you go into gear, will it not move or what?

I marked everything before pulling it apart and placing it back in so I don't know what was looked over. It just throws up the rpm and doesn't move. And the clutch pedal gets softer with each touch...

Guest Removed
I marked everything before pulling it apart and placing it back in so I don't know what was looked over. It just throws up the rpm and doesn't move. And the clutch pedal gets softer with each touch...

will it go into gear at all?

try to put it in gear, and then start it..see if it moves...i know it was all stock before. other then the clutch i put in..may be time for a cable, and quad and so on.

will it go into gear at all?

try to put it in gear, and then start it..see if it moves...i know it was all stock before. other then the clutch i put in..may be time for a cable, and quad and so on.

Would that have just happened? It wasn't driven since the problems with the old motor came about. It would go into gear on the first start of the engine but I didn't try moving it at all. Now it doesn't. I don't understand.

Guest Removed

cable could ahve just let go..

with it off, toss it in reverse. and try to fire it up..it it starts to move, then the cable let go.. if not, let me know

Guest Removed
I'll check tomorrow when I can push it out. I don't want it ramming through my house.

you dont have to start it start it..toss it in a gear , with the clutch down, hit the key..if the car moves, its either the cable or clutch related

you dont have to start it start it..toss it in a gear , with the clutch down, hit the key..if the car moves, its either the cable or clutch related

Ok, what if I just tried that and I couldn't get it into gear? :D

Just got home and tried the pedal again without starting the car. Pedal is spongey but it had no trouble going in and out of gear again. Anyone got any ideas or you think I should still check the same thing?

So the Rpms are spinning and the car does not move and its in gear?...

Thats engagement issue. On my FC with the 5l, you could see the cable from under the car why not jack it up and get someone under there to see if the cable is stretched..

Just an opinion, Or i could be wrong I only owned one for a couple months..

I haven't gotten under it yet my dude I'm just building myself a checklist and I appreciate as much input as possible. Once this is resolved it's off to the dyno. I'm proud I did an engine swap/build with jackstands, a cheap puller, and a sears portable tool kit.

Starts and has no leaks :cool:

So the Rpms are spinning and the car does not move and its in gear?...

Thats engagement issue. On my FC with the 5l, you could see the cable from under the car why not jack it up and get someone under there to see if the cable is stretched..

Just an opinion, Or i could be wrong I only owned one for a couple months..

Did you bleed it?

Nope I didn't

Guest Removed
Ok, what if I just tried that and I couldn't get it into gear? :D

i wont go into gear, with the engine off? if it wont go into gear with it running, i'd guess its the cable is stretched out

i wont go into gear, with the engine off? if it wont go into gear with it running, i'd guess its the cable is stretched out

It goes in gear fine now rob, just must have been sitting at just the right spot. The primary problem is a spongey pedal and zero engagement. I'll be at it probably thursday during the day if anyone wants to lend a hand. Otherwise wish me luck.

So it free-revs in gear, or it wont go into gear running?

If it free revs I bet you have something hanging the cable up. If it won't go into gear - are you sure you put the cutch disk in correctly and not backwards?

cable

DING

see if the cable is stretched..

DING

cable could ahve just let go..

DING

May have broke a cable ... check it first

DING.

Something's up with the cable, it's got play in it at the midpoint. I clamped it down with a little more tension and it's good enough to go into gear and move now but not like it should be. Time to replace it and get moving again.

Thanks guys...