Drivetrain Whine

jeffro

Ever since i put the tko 600 in ive been getting this whine from the tranny/clutch area. the first clutch i had with the tko 600 glazed over in about 2k miles. just put another one in and still getting whine. its a little worse now. before it would only whine in first and second. now its whining in neutral(with the pedal out) and through all 5 gears. i lost maybe a half a quart of tranny fluid doing the clutch change, could this make the transmission whine?

i torqued down everything like it was supposed to be.

20-25 lbs on the pressure plate, and 80 on the flywheel bolts.

does it quite down when you push the clutch in? I had an s10 that whined after replacing the clutch but only because I reused the old throw out and pilot bearing. Went away after replacing them but not sure which caused it since I did both at the same time

when the car is at a stop, and i press the clutch in, it goes away. i replaced the throw out bearing and the pilot bearing is almost brand new still.

Definitely seems to indicate a TO bearing issue. Is it a constant tone or kind of "chirpy" (like crickets run amok in your bellhousing)?

Usually when I have seen a TO bearing failure it's more "chirpy" than constant.

I haven't driven a car with the 600, but I would expect they probably produce more gear noise than a stock T5/T45, however that doesn't explain it making noise in neutral (unless you mean coasting in neutral because the trans would still be turning). If it makes the noise while idling at a stop, its definitely not just normal gear whine.