3rd gen f body people

Guest 614Streets

Guest 614Streets
Suggest me a reasonable plug and play efi option for a 1989 maf equiped 350 tpi camaro please? I am familiar with tuning on the holley 950 , but what exsists for under $1500 that is plug and play for the tpi maf cars? Anything? And I plug and Play I just mean aftermarket efi from a manufacturer with tpi harnesses.

I know you would be over budget, but nothing beats great factory stuff. Perfect for any power level that you can get away with high impedence injectors.

http://www.eficonnection.com/eficonnection/default.aspx

and if you fab up a harness and brackets, find a computer and coils this gets more affordable

Guest 614Streets
My tuner has some shit for those... pay 500, and your done... and he tweaks shit for free yo... holla

Yes I am interested in that.

why would you ever want to run tpi over the carb.

evan the best tpi setups dont work well for power. unless your spraying a shit ton

most work good to only 5000 then fall off on power fast. they do look sweet but thats about it

Guest 614Streets
why would you ever want to run tpi over the carb.

evan the best tpi setups dont work well for power. unless your spraying a shit ton

most work good to only 5000 then fall off on power fast. they do look sweet but thats about it

Because I bought this car as it was already set up that way and i am not redoing it. It just needs a tune , and its not a race car.

Guest Removed
Yes I am interested in that.

i bet... let me see when i can set you up a time.. he will want to come look over the car first hand tho (just to make sure its up to snuff to go on the dyno).

Guest 614Streets
even more so with the super charger on it :D

Makes none right now its already fouled out the plugs I put in it last fall , but then again its so off tune , I have to go over it and then hand it to your guy.

I have a chip burner and UV light and maybe some other things you need from back when I was doing my own tuning on these. I would let you have it all real cheap if you want to go that route. Thirdgen.org has a good support community for this too.

That said, if I had it to do over again, I'd get Gearhead's guy to do it.

Guest Removed
Makes none right now its already fouled out the plugs I put in it last fall , but then again its so off tune , I have to go over it and then hand it to your guy.

check maf signal at idle and 3000rpm, and if you have a smoke machine, smoke it real good to double check for vacuum leaks and so on. check base timing ans so on

Guest 614Streets
check maf signal at idle and 3000rpm, and if you have a smoke machine, smoke it real good to double check for vacuum leaks and so on. check base timing ans so on

I have to go over all the basics on the car I really havent touched it much since i bought it. It has an adjustable maf which to me seems like a joke of a product , I havent even looked into it enough. Yeah the base timing is a picnic since the blower stuff hides the damper completely. :( But yeah when I get some free time. I just started it up yesterday and its just a thorne in my side really , I havent even been able to get the to the nova in weeks , which I really need to do.

Guest 614Streets
I have a chip burner and UV light and maybe some other things you need from back when I was doing my own tuning on these. I would let you have it all real cheap if you want to go that route. Thirdgen.org has a good support community for this too.

That said, if I had it to do over again, I'd get Gearhead's guy to do it.

I really dont want to get into that right now since Im not buying much for it , wb02 and all.... If it was my main car I would put some time into it but its just a dust collector at this point.

the large runners that are tied together help get arround 1000 more usefull rpm. ive seen some that pull to 6000 6500. but its a strech evan for the best tpi setup. there a few that run 11s and evan 10s with them

Guest Removed
most of the higher revving ones have a ram jet style intake on them.. those work best IMO... but keep in mind this is a FI car aswell

Guest 614Streets
Car has every bolt on from the 90's , It could use a holley steath ram. Has headers , heads , cam , blower , runners , injectors , etc , needs tune.