E30 LSX SWAP

John Bruh

my buddy told me last night he's thinking about selling his 92 318 and ive missed mine ever since (even though i had a 325i 4dr).

I would love to get this car and put a LSX swap in it. Are there any kits to bolt right in? Any forum that has a build thread so i can check it out? I know there are a few E30 bimmer guys here.

A friend of a co-worker is doing an E30 M3 LS3. I've seen pics of the build and it lloks like he's done most or all of the work himself. Should make for a fun car!

If there are kits out there he either didn't know about them, or didn't think they were good quality parts.

mabey u should finish one project before starting another :lol: ur dsms been on jackstands too long son

my dsm starts every time i want to. i just need a rear end. There is a guy on the cdsm boad that im buying one from. So dont worry paul ill drag you around with both projects!

well i found this. guy did the swap and documented every detail along the way with measurements for the motor mounts and everything.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1348710

ill probably buy this manual and start from there. Now to read ls1tech to source a motor and hp goals to build the motor.

I think the biggest or hardest issue is getting a trans to fit in the tunnel. The tunnels on these things are very narrow and small. I couldnt find how the guy did it in the link posted above.

May involve some cutting. The getrags are tiny.