HTC incredible...

V8 Beast

Ok.. so after using this thing for a while its the best touch screen only phone I have ever used. The original Droid is so bulky that it took a little longer to get used to. I customized what I didn't like and now this thing is 10 times more awesome. The processor speed is crazy, and the only delay at this point is when waiting for web pages to load. Adobe is working on making some plug ins to allow for streaming tv, and there could even be a possibility for video chat in the future. I previously thought it passed the fingernail test but it doesn't. My nails are just so short that it picked up the heat from my fingers. When comparing to a droid the droids battery lasts longer, but other than that the incredible is better by a pinch in every other way (minus the 8mp camera that blows it out the water). Overall very impressive after customized... but then again these phones asre not made to come out the box at 100%. A lot of the appeal is in making it your own... I just wish it had a physical keyboard.

With the original droid network comparisons were needed to compare it to the nexus and iphone. This phone actually belongs in that class. Even without a keyboard I'm really thinking about getting one of my own. Something tells me when I give this back Ill miss it.

Edited by V8 Beast

I had to completely stop using my droid for a week to get out of the habit of sliding out my keyboard. At first it was about as uncomfortable as playing cod for 5 months then trying to play halo reach. Now I like it but prefer a keyboard.

Yeah I am on there. Still not sure if I want to load the leaked version yet. Still too many bugs. v3 did fix a lot of the problems from v2, but still holding out a bit more for the official release.

Yeah I am on there. Still not sure if I want to load the leaked version yet. Still too many bugs. v3 did fix a lot of the problems from v2, but still holding out a bit more for the official release.

Stay away from that! There's a reason its taken Verizon so long to release it.

And there isnt anything wrong with HTC sense. But if you dont like it you simply dont use it.

I got mine in the mail yesterday going to start playing with it tomorrow, first touch screen phone I actually liked enough to buy. Sick IMO in everyway definitly recommend this.

Sense is horrible on winmo devices. I had an HTC hd2 but took it back because it would crash constantly if I were sending a text and one was coming in. Not to mention a number of other problems the sense UI caused for that device.

Depressing really..

I've heard several times that the incredibles have battery issues. Any issues here?

My friend got an incredible this week and his battery life is crap! The phone is neat but he has to recharge it half way through the day.

My friend got an incredible this week and his battery life is crap! The phone is neat but he has to recharge it half way through the day.

Just give it some time. Soon he wont be messing with it non-stop and it should last him at least 24hrs. I'm sure it uses the same amount of power if not less than my nexus.

Just give it some time. Soon he wont be messing with it non-stop and it should last him at least 24hrs. I'm sure it uses the same amount of power if not less than my nexus.

I dunno... I was listening to a radio talk show yesterday and they were talking about it. One of the co-hosts bought one for his wife and he says it has to be charged during the day, and she's far from a power user. Then they had several people calling/emailing in and saying pretty much the same thing.

The EVO would be just as bad...people just need to know how to use the phone. Do a little research on how to improve the battery life, people are getting more than 12 hours out of them with moderate to heavy use after doing some tricks. Also you can always get a heftier battery.

Good to know. I was considering this device if I get fucked by Sprint on the EVO.

I believe the EVO and Incredible have a lot in common. Same processor, similar size screens, etc.

I'm not saying there aren't tips and tricks to improve battery life, but if the lay user can't get a whole day out of the phone, then there is most definitely a problem.

Yeah it's screen control. I have my iPhone shut off as soon as possible. In fact. I turn it off when done...sleep it. I never leave it sit with the screen idle timing out. This drains the shit out the battery.

It's totally the use being the culprit here.

• 2 weeks later...

Man I just got the Droid from Motorola and man I feel like I have to go to college for this phone. I am experiencing the battery running out of juice but I think it's because I'm not used to it and where I live at doesn't have the greatest coverage so I think it's draining the battery a little quicker due to lack of coverage. I do need help with all this new stuff. I'm old school and when the sales man saw my old phone he laughed, which was a razor phone. Any help that is given would be great.

The biggest reason on this purchase was for a business stand point and among other things. I have (I think) linked my email to my phone and need to link my calendar to this phone as well. So far I really love this phone with all the applications this phone has to offer.