HTC incredible...

V8 Beast

Man I just got the Droid from Motorola and man I feel like I have to go to college for this phone. I am experiencing the battery running out of juice but I think it's because I'm not used to it and where I live at doesn't have the greatest coverage so I think it's draining the battery a little quicker due to lack of coverage. I do need help with all this new stuff. I'm old school and when the sales man saw my old phone he laughed, which was a razor phone. Any help that is given would be great.

The biggest reason on this purchase was for a business stand point and among other things. I have (I think) linked my email to my phone and need to link my calendar to this phone as well. So far I really love this phone with all the applications this phone has to offer.

I have found you can save a whole lot of battery if you set email and stuff to not update every 5 minutes... They also have a little widget (on my Eris) that you can turn off the refresh. Made a huge difference for mine, since the update to 2.1

Okay thanks, just did that. Task killer is just what it states, it's in the market place. The salesperson told me to install that. Thanks and please keep the advice coming. I'm just trying to work out all the bugs right now with email and my calendar. Today I had a problem with my home email and my phone receiving the email. Something shut down to the point I couldn't receive any email, which is a bad thing since this is the reason I got this phone. I'm wondering if it's a simply setting on my outlook or with the phone?

For the apps you use all the time do this...

Open that specific app that you use a lot --> Pull down the bar at the top of the screen --> Select Advanced Task killer (or what ever one you have) --> Touch and hold the app you use a lot on the list of open apps until a menu pops up --> Choose ignore and it will not auto close the app.

I'm seriously thinking about going and getting one tomorrow. Any stores have them in stock?

Nope still on national back order. I'd just order it online. Thats what I did. should be in around the 14th

Just go to the store. If they try to tell you some BS about charging for contact transfer or charging you for the phone change over tell them to shove it and ask for a manager and its all free.

Verizons lucky their phones and plans stay ahead IMO at least as far as I can see/care because their customer service has NEVER won me over. Unless I actually personally knew the sales rep. of course.

Just go to the store. If they try to tell you some BS about charging for contact transfer or charging you for the phone change over tell them to shove it and ask for a manager and its all free.

Verizons lucky their phones and plans stay ahead IMO at least as far as I can see/care because their customer service has NEVER won me over. Unless I actually personally knew the sales rep. of course.

So you escalate the very second you change service, then say customer service has never won you over :lol: Its not customers service... you sound like a natural born shit head.

When will people understand that if you act shitty you just give people a reason to quote policy instead of helping you.