Speedo Healer Project

12oclocker

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Ok, I decided to make a speedo healer in the next couple weeks for my WR250X.

my design allows for correction from 1.56% to 98.43%, in 1.56% increments, with 63 possible adjustment settings, it is designed for torque regearing, meaning if you went down in the front, or up any in the rear, this will work for you.

If anyone wants one, let me know, I'm estimated the cost of throwing it together to be at around $20, I'll post pics and everyting throughout the build process.

Sounds like you could put speedohealer out of business. Id be interested to see what it looks like

I plan on it being REALLY tiny, much smaller than healtech's, but it does lack the ability to make positive ratio adjustments. so if someone is going to regear for more top speed, instead of more torque, it wont work for them (most people dont do that) If I was going to make one that does both, I would have to use a microcontroller, and write some assembly language code for it, but I decided to keep it simple, since this design will apply to the vast majority of users. the the microcontroller chips cost more, and require more supporting components.

I just placed an order online for enough parts to make 4 units.

wow, I spent all day on the phone with yamaha and various other companies tracking down who makes the connectors for yamaha, I found out the pins, the rubber dust seals, and the plastic connectors are all sold seperate, for the male and female connectors, and pins, and dust seals to make 3 connectors for the WR250X, it's gonna cost me $75!

wow, I spent all day on the phone with yamaha and various other companies tracking down who makes the connectors for yamaha, I found out the pins, the rubber dust seals, and the plastic connectors are all sold seperate, for the male and female connectors, and pins, and dust seals to make 3 connectors for the WR250X, it's gonna cost me $75!

:eek: thats insane. can you do it any cheaper?

:eek: thats insane. can you do it any cheaper?

yeah, that cost was dealer resale cost, those OEM connectors are extremely hard to obtain, I can be a dealer from the main distributor and get a discount, I just got off the phone with the actual company that yamaha buys their parts from, but its going to require a $200 minimum parts order. so I'm eithor going to have to make a bunch of units and hope I can resale them all, or the prototype cost is going to go up if I want to be able to plug into the factory connectors.

I'll just have to divide the cost amoung the few prototype units to absorb the cost, sucks there gonna be like 45 bucks to make now, lol, oh well, still cheaper than healtech's price by more than half.