looking for entry level tech

SmokeShank

Who: Kelly BMW

Where: Easton

When: Position opening soon. Non-public advertising for a job now before the spot is open officially.

Hours: Mon-Friday 8am-5pm 1 hour lunch

Pay: Not positive, i would assume 8-9.00/hr plus spiffs if you sell tires, alignments, batterys

Looking for entry level tech. background / simple knowledge is nice (how to change oil, basic mechanical work). Entry level means you are at the bottom of the shit list. You do oil changes, test drives for techs (All techs minus this position are flat rate), clean the shop, help out in other areas of the dealer if needed (service drive writting up cars, shuttle etc). I was in this position for a while and I had to run the shuttle a few times (dropping/picking customers up), work the service drive for an hour or so (if were short handed) and even have been in the carwash before, although that has been a year or more ago.

BMW will send you to school in chicago to get your entry level certification to allow you to work on the cars. The dealer pays for the school, hotel, rental car (if your over 21 yrs old), gas, food ect. You will be sent to school to get more and more training (certifications). I was in chicago twice last month getting a couple more certs. ASE's have no meaning to BMW.

PM you info, resume and what kind of car experience you have. Send the little details. When I got hired on at BMW, i had no offical car background other than turbo'ing my civic, doing engine swaps and intercoolers for people. I put that on my resume and got hired. Im now bumped up in the totem pole. I'm a technician, 3G Admin (BMW diag software), and now also doing IT work for the dealer.

Let me know whatcha got. This position is not offically open yet, so calling the dealer to inquire will get you no where. PM Me!

• 2 weeks later...