Droid=Biggest pile of shit i have ever owned!!

russian rocket

if i try and hold the phone on my shoulder with my cheek (with no hands), the person on the other end can't understand me.

If I hold the phone up against my cheek with my hand while talking it is hard to understand me.

I hold the ear piece to my ear, and the bottom of the phone about a half inch away from my cheek = no problems!

Not sure if this will help but it worked for me!

antivirus programs on cell phones.. wow this world is stupid.

Not really. It is a unix operation system. If you already have root you could make a fake application and have it run something in a terminal emulator window.

In fact that is how I do some of the hardcore changes on my phone. I pop up a terminal emulator and type out a long string of unix commands just like I was on a unix computer. And it works without a problem ;)

QFTMFT

:lol: You have got to be kidding me with all the people out there with bad performance from their nexus 1's. Even with all the updates you have plenty of people that had no issues before getting poor performance out of their phones. There is nothing wrong with the moto droid outside of a mic that over does it when trying to cancel out background noise... The moral of the story is stop acting like your shit dont stink :p

For those with audio issues

Here's a bit of caution... Below is a way to change how your phone relays voice audio. EVRC-B is not supported in all markets. EVRC is the default and in some cases other areas do not support EVRC-B at all. 13k (which is also an option) is an older way of relaying voice but will drain your battery faster than the other two options. If you are in an area that EVRC--B is not supported you cannot make voice calls at all. Most areas do but its good info to know. For some reason a few of these phones are not using the bandwidth they should to relay audio. Its inconsistent and the reason for the fluctuation in voice quality. I would suggest getting a replacement.. but if you dont want to deal with it then try the steps listed below. Test out which one is best by leaving a voicemail under the default, then changing it and leaving another voicemail using the different options. The simple matter is the phone should work in its default state with no issues which is why I say get a replacement.

Pull up the dialing screen as if you are going to place a call

Dial ##7764726 (##PROGRAM) then press the button used to send the call

Put in 000000 for the password and touch Verify

Choose "04 Vocode"

Choose EVRC-B then Apply

Go back to the home screen and wait for the phone to restart.

Edit: Try switching it to EVRC-B, place a call, then switched it back to EVRC. Place a call again and let me know if any of you notice any improvement.

Edited by V8 Beast