Tuning expert: supercharge vs. turbocharge

Forrest Gump 9

There might be a misunderstanding the of the problem. Most of the name brand stand-alones can adapt and run any engine, however, they won't be able to emulate the OEM-BUS functions and logic. In english, that usually means the gauge cluster, all of the security devices, hell -- damn near everything in the car won't function properly.

How the power is made -- the engine controller doesn't care - it knows air and fuel. That answer isn't transparent.

Guest Removed
I called them last year and they said the only way is to get a Motec in the car hope it'll work.

if you know crank tooth count, and cam tooth count and the firing order, im pretty sure some of the big stane alone companys could come up with something to run it.

From one E55 owner to another, here's my .02

Either do the v12 TT swap which has been done a few times now and is becoming more and more common, or stick with one of the proven supercharger setup's on the market.

I say this because you're dealing with a car that's worth no more than 30k these days but still costs you $30k for a fresh long block in the event something happens in the tuning process while you're trying to do what nobody else has done.

You can make a fairly reliable 500+ whp with pulley, tune, coolingods and headers. Similar Cars are in the 10's in the quarter right now with the right wheel and tire combo. Are you looking to go much quicker than that in a 4400lb sedan?