Spotted: Army niceness!!

Putty

Yeah, they're still there. I was wrong, they are definitely MRAPs. I wonder why they have been parked there for so long.

I wonder that as well. I jumped up on the trailer today to get a looksy. The front windshield is covered with a paper. The little window on the side is open, but the mirror is kinda against it.

Just a few secs of being up there, I got ran off by a security guy in a white Ford Focus. Here is a note I got from my army buddy. I sent him the pic asking

"Thats the new MRAP (Mine Resistant Ambush Protected) I gots me a whole fleet of these. Mine are a little bit bigger than these this is the new one about to go to Afghanistan. they are made in Cinci."

I jumped up on the trailer today to get a looksy.

Word to the wise, jumping up on a trailer is a good way to get a winch bar across the legs. Truckers do not take kindly to people screwing with their equipment.

As for why they're still there, the guy was either late for a Friday delivery(that's when I saw them over there), or way, way early for a Monday delivery. I'm betting late for Friday.

I seen one of the first MRAP's in Balad, Iraq around 2005. They kept it under cover. Luckily the wind was blowing that day and the Defensor Fortis (Security Forces) plus Vehicle Ops stopped caring. Badass vehicle in person.

I worked on Cougars for six months in Iraq with the EOD guys, they carried little Johnny 5 robots in the back to carry C4 to unexploded ordnance. I would love to rob a bank in one.

The cougars are pretty nice, my dad took a lot of them from the plant they are made in MI out to california on his truck back when they first came out. We had to cover them up so nobody could see them on the semi. If you ever decide to do the bank im sure we can man up couple other guys. I need a few gun men on both sides and a good driver. You in?

Word to the wise, jumping up on a trailer is a good way to get a winch bar across the legs. Truckers do not take kindly to people screwing with their equipment.

That would be interesting.

I wonder that as well. I jumped up on the trailer today to get a looksy. The front windshield is covered with a paper. The little window on the side is open, but the mirror is kinda against it.

Just a few secs of being up there, I got ran off by a security guy in a white Ford Focus. Here is a note I got from my army buddy. I sent him the pic asking

"Thats the new MRAP (Mine Resistant Ambush Protected) I gots me a whole fleet of these. Mine are a little bit bigger than these this is the new one about to go to Afghanistan. they are made in Cinci."

The MATV models are in higher demand then the cougars, Maxx Pros etc... They still won't take a recoiless rifle round though, so I still liked my M2A2 ODSE Bradley a little better. Cool thing I have to say is the rear doors open suicide style. It's wierd when you first start dismounting them from the rear doors.

I worked on Cougars for six months in Iraq with the EOD guys, they carried little Johnny 5 robots in the back to carry C4 to unexploded ordnance. I would love to rob a bank in one.

How do you get away?

I also saw them on the trailer on I-70 out on the west side, they were headed to I-270 south bound. Definitely sick looking vehicles. It is massive (I don't think you can go thru a drive thru with one).