WTB: floor speakers and receiver

h22 yo

movin into a house at my university.. so i figured some nice floor speakers would def be one of the first things id need! good friends with just2sweet so he can vouch im good for payin up and everything, dont mind the low post count.

show me what you got!

located in columbus, but willin to travel

Probably 175$ for the Cerwins and $250ish for the Polks.

Those Cerwins are 12's and will get loud and stay clear with the right receiver. The Polks will sound great with anything and have 6" subs. Clarity is the key with both.

No floor speakers here, but I've got a kickass receiver. This one was passed down to me in college from Tom Edison, a frat brother of mine who built it himself. He told me that good tuneage in the dorm room would be a babe magnet. Also, in winter it's also a pretty good heat source.

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r445/martyr65/singleendedtriodeamp.jpg

What type of gramophone are you hooking it up to? I have both the copper-wound and the Victrola interconnects.

Wow Doc, that is absolutely amazing!! Talk about SQ, that is incredible!!

What are you looking for out of that? I have some super sweet MB's that would love to sing off that. That is of course if the original poster isn't interested.

Depending on how much power you want to push, an amp might be a good idea. PM or post up with your end goals are and I will try to help you. A friend of mine is closing down an audio store so I might be able to get you some terrific deals. What is your budget?