TVS Cobalt VS 60-1 GTI

61mmVR6

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's got a set of Mickey Thompsons at home he's putting on soon, then we're going to the track. We'll find out!

Quick Cobalt. However, I'm gonna predict fried clutch once he throws on the Thompsons and heads to the track.

Quick Cobalt. However, I'm gonna predict fried clutch once he throws on the Thompsons and heads to the track.

I right there with you. Maybe that's my shot to beat him!

damn sorry was thinking it was the other way around lol

Lmao its kool.

I right there with you. Maybe that's my shot to beat him!

Lmao its kool.

When watching the video again the GTI is FWD right? How come with a 60-1 turbo from 2nd gear the car seems to stick great traction? I use to have a modded turbo fwd car before and could never do that till 4th gear on street tires .

I do Paul?

Fuck... ok gimme 3 and the go

When watching the video again the GTI is FWD right? How come with a 60-1 turbo from 2nd gear the car seems to stick great traction? I use to have a modded turbo fwd car before and could never do that till 4th gear on street tires .

Gti doesn't put out much powa? U set urs up sucky I don't know lol

Ur240s gonna be slow :p

Im still wondering the same thing, Car should be gettign fucking wild with its pants on the ground in higher RPMS,

I call bullshit.

Im still wondering the same thing, Car should be gettign fucking wild with its pants on the ground in higher RPMS,

I call bullshit.

Just so you guys know the GTI is only at 10.5 pounds of boost and it has a head shim. The block is stock and this is his 3rd block in the car. The 1st block WINDOWED and the 2nd one spun the crank bearings. I am sure the car can go faster with more boost. But he is keeping it low key for now.

Car Has gone 109.21 in the 1/4 so far.

Chuck

Just so you guys know the GTI is only at 10.5 pounds of boost and it has a head shim. The block is stock and this is his 3rd block in the car. The 1st block WINDOWED and the 2nd one spun the crank bearings. I am sure the car can go faster with more boost. But he is keeping it low key for now.

Car Has gone 109.21 in the 1/4 so far.

Chuck

So why not throw some rods in it, But I'm no one to talk my car has seen 6 transmissions.

I guess if I were racing a stock viper people would perceive this race differently? I've trapped 109 in my car on the same setup. His Cobalt is simply just very fast.

It hooks up because of a very tall gear ratio, Cooper Zeon ZPT tires, and the turbine is only a .82 T3 so it doesn't spool up very quickly as to shock the tires. Its much more linear.

I'd love to race your Neon btw. Runs what low 13's? Shouldn't be a problem for me or the Cobalt. ;)

And uhhh yah I do know the power potential and also the power limits of the VR 12vs. I have an 8.5 spacer on it. Again its only at 10psi! If I keep it I will datalog with Vagcom and spray some alcohol at it. I haven't even began to stretch its legs yet. I'm just being careful bc I want to enjoy it for the first half of summer.

I guess if I were racing a stock viper people would perceive this race differently? I've trapped 109 in my car on the same setup. His Cobalt is simply just very fast.

It hooks up because of a very tall gear ratio, Cooper Zeon ZPT tires, and the turbine is only a .82 T3 so it doesn't spool up very quickly as to shock the tires. Its much more linear.

I'd love to race your Neon btw. Runs what low 13's? Shouldn't be a problem for me or the Cobalt. ;)

And uhhh yah I do know the power potential and also the power limits of the VR 12vs. I have an 8.5 spacer on it. Again its only at 10psi! If I keep it I will datalog with Vagcom and spray some alcohol at it. I haven't even began to stretch its legs yet. I'm just being careful bc I want to enjoy it for the first half of summer.

Do you not see my sig?

Hope you got an extra 200hp and 200lbs of weight shaved off that car Cause this 1.8t is rollin the fuck out on it.

So why not throw some rods in it, But I'm no one to talk my car has seen 6 transmissions.

Not to change subjects, but why is your car going through transmissions so fast ? Is there anything you can do to make them more performance oriented ?

YES -- I have been eying your car in the Car Corral, and I for one am HUGE Impressed with it. If I didn't have so many toys now I would be giving it some serious thought....

Chuck

Hmm should be no problem for u then right....?

I'm sure that neon killers gti ..an this neon would have no problem dragging u an ur buddy around...

Not to change subjects, but why is your car going through transmissions so fast ? Is there anything you can do to make them more performance oriented ?

YES -- I have been eying your car in the Car Corral, and I for one am HUGE Impressed with it. If I didn't have so many toys now I would be giving it some serious thought....

Chuck

There are a couple options,

Straight cut gear set and 02j trans from Schimmel Performance= 5k in the setup installed... does not include clutch...

02m 6 speed, plus you would need new axles and a diff to throw in it and a clutch to hold power for whatever the car makes, And seeing how there are not as nearly as many o2m's as there are o2j's everythi9ng is almost twice the price for upgrades for the 02m's.

Mind you the diff alone for a Quaife is almost $900

Wich my car has...

Some people believe in cryo treating however its the syncros that go out in these trans. Not to mention stripping gears completely clean.

Ive done it all to, bolts thrown though the tranny destroying everything to ring gear bolts snapping off to gears shredding completely out and smooth as a babys ass.

I wish I could go back and buy 2 02m's with all the good stuff or bought a straight cut gear set.

But for my money I had and the time I wanted to drive the car in 02j's were the way to go.

If not most of all the destruction was due to my Jon Linn like shifting while drag racing the car. By the sound of it going down the track it was an auto... lol

Plus if any one was to ask me about how to change a trans by yourself and jack stands I can offer over the phone help down to the wrench needed at what time and how you should lay under the car.

I learn from my mistakes. I just need to fail six or so times.

trans in it now is butter smooth, Ive only let it rip from third and its as sweet as the day I picked it up from VWjeff at Hatfield.