Cracked headers!

zeitgeist57

Woot!!! Pacesetter headers (p/n 70-1340) for ~$250. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PSM-70-1340

I'm not expecting the greatest quality, but any reviews on Pacesetter headers? Once fixed my Vette would be a good-weather DD...probably not drive her in the winter unless it's a clear, 40deg+ day (so minimal salt)...

Woot!!! Pacesetter headers (p/n 70-1340) for ~$250. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PSM-70-1340

I'm not expecting the greatest quality, but any reviews on Pacesetter headers? Once fixed my Vette would be a good-weather DD...probably not drive her in the winter unless it's a clear, 40deg+ day (so minimal salt)...

I like the ones I have on my car so far. You might want to check with P&P on here to see how much it would cost to coat those.

Pacesetter has a decent rep in the F-body world. From what I have heard the quality is reasonable, and the price is good. I know I would not buy painted headers. The paint will get scratched during installation, and I have never seen a set installed for very long that had not started to rust. Some of them rust badly. I supposed you could use header wrap to disguise the rust, but that's about all you could do. I would get the ceramic coated headers. It is supposed to keep under hood temps down, but I know mine get hot as hell and they are Jet Hot coated headers. I understand trying to save some money, but I believe in doing the job right the first time so it does not have to be done again. You could get the painted ones and have the coated, I'm pretty sure I read on here we have a sponsor that does ceramic coating.

Edit:

here is the thread http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80502

Edited by Richard Cranium
added thread link

Looks like P&P will do coat them for $65 a piece. So add $130 to the painted ones and you get coated headers. To buy them already coated is $418 total, so you could save some money having them coated locally. It is preferable to have them coated inside and out for durability. Pacesetter only coats on the outside is one of the reasons they can keep costs down.

Thanks, guys. I definitely am going with Pacesetter and I'll get P&P to powdercoat them...it does seem like cheap insurance to keep what could be crappy headers from deteriorating quickly...

I am also capping off AIR/EGR ports and lines, so hopefully that will keep moisture to a minimum in these headers...