dent - can this be popped out?

Guest tbutera2112

Guest tbutera2112

http://images.craigslist.org/3n43p83l45Y65Q35R0a5e789a819f43931f57.jpg

dent is on driver side bed behind the door at the bottom

is this something that could be easily popped out?

Guest tbutera2112
guy says that the paint is chipped a little bit in that spot also... i was hoping it can be popped easily, and then cleaned up with touch up paint and not look too bad...but i dont wanna get into extensive body work etc

Guest tbutera2112
he says they screw in on the underside, and he thinks sticky tape on the outside....said theres no rust at all in the wells and to his knowledge no rust under the flares, but he has not had them off....im up in the air if i like them or not...he actually said theres no rust anywhere on the truck

I don't remember what the front underside of that bed looks like. If they were in the back you could easily knock them out with a small piece of wood in a hammer. You'd have to look up underneath it to see if that area can be accessed. There is probably reinforcement behind it, and you would need a porta-power to push them out from the back side.

I had a guy back into my old truck in the exact same spot and left almost an identical dent. Threw it on the lift, got under it with a 2x4, and gently pushed out and down a few times, and nobody ever noticed it after. And it was black.

If there are hard creases, you'll never get it 'popped out' all the way. But, sounds like you understand that.

Guest tbutera2112

would toilet plunger be better than a block of wood?

i should have the truck here in the next couple days, when i get it home ill get better pictures and update the thread

would toilet plunger be better than a block of wood?

i should have the truck here in the next couple days, when i get it home ill get better pictures and update the thread

Try whatever you have. Or, you know, take it to someone who knows what they're doing. ;)

Guest tbutera2112
Try whatever you have. Or, you know, take it to someone who knows what they're doing. ;)

depending how bad it looks once i get the truck, will determine if i take it to a shop or not...if its real bad, ill let someone else try to fix it...ide like to just get it popped out and touched up for the time being...atleast until the truck is fully paid for (ill owe a very small amount on it)

oh and vinny....ill bring it to you to fix, ok? :p lol

No thanks.

By the looks of it, 90% will pop out in one shot. I don't understand why the seller wouldn't knock it out before selling it. Do you know the person/truck or something?

Guest tbutera2112

never seen it in my life...but its driven by an 18yr old, and theres a bank lien on it in his parents name

so im guessing the kid lost his job and the parents are making him sell it to get out of the payments...so ill be taking it off their hands

the kid even mentioned that he has not taken it anywhere to have it looked at or tried to mess with it, he just left it alone

its got less than 150k which is great for a diesel...cant wait to pick it up, especially since its raining like a mofo all week and my only vehicle is the vmax at the moment...saab went bye bye an hour or so ago