Yard Waist

Main3s

So I just cut down a bunch of small trees and bushes in my back yard, now I need to get rid of all the brush. I don't have the money to rent a mulcher right now, and there is too much to leave out for the city to come pick up. I heard of a place in Westerville that will take it but I'm not sure of the name... Any suggestions? Thanks.

So I just cut down a bunch of small trees and bushes in my back yard, now I need to get rid of all the brush. I don't have the money to rent a mulcher right now, and there is too much to leave out for the city to come pick up. I heard of a place in Westerville that will take it but I'm not sure of the name... Any suggestions? Thanks.

Ohio mulch will take it for free. I use the one off of roberts road.

http://www.ohiomulchcolumbus.com/columbus.html

Roberts Road

4120 Roberts Rd.

Columbus, OH 43228

614-921-9330

http://www.refuse.ci.columbus.oh.us/yardwaste.htm

Here is a list of the free yard waste drop off locations in Columbus.

copied from the site above

Currently, Free yard waste drop off is available at the following locations.

· Com-Til, the City’s compost facility (no grass clippings):

7000 Jackson Pike, Columbus (614 645-3152)

· Kurtz Bros. and Mulch Manufacturing Inc. accept leaves, small branches and holiday trees at the locations listed below. Kurtz Bros. also accepts grass clippings. Yard-Waste should include only organic materials from your own yard. They will not accept waste in plastic bags. You may be asked to show proof that you are a Columbus or Franklin County resident. These locations accept these materials free of charge only from residents. Professional landscapers are required to pay a fee to drop off yard waste for recycling.

2850 Rohr Road, Groveport (Kurtz Bros.) (614 491-0868)

6055-C Westerville Road, Westerville (Kurtz Bros.) (614 882-0200)

6279 Houchard Road, Dublin (Kurtz Bros.) (614 873-2000)

6747 Taylor Road S.W. (Mulch Manufacturing, Inc.) (614 864-4004)

· The Ohio Mulch locations listed below are also accepting yard waste at no charge from Columbus residents. Please be prepared with a driver’s license or some form of documentation identifying you as a Columbus resident, otherwise you will be charged. Again, the Yard-Waste should include only organic materials from your own yard. Yard waste bagged in plastic will not be accepted. Posted signs referring to a $12 fee do not apply to Columbus residents dropping off residential yard waste.

4120 Roberts Road, Columbus (Ohio Mulch) (614 921-9330)

4665 Westerville Rd. (Ohio Mulch) (614 891-3242)

1600 Universal Rd. (Ohio Mulch) (614 445-4455)

537 Reynoldsburg-New Albany Rd. (Ohio Mulch) (614 863-0445)

Along those lines... I have some old railroad ties that I pulled from out front planters a few weeks ago. They are BIG (read: railroad ties). Is there anything I can do to get them picked up curbside? My only guess is to saw them into small pieces and put them into yard waste bags. Or I'll have to take them to a drop off place, I guess?

Ohio mulch will take it for free. I use the one off of roberts road.

http://www.ohiomulchcolumbus.com/columbus.html

Roberts Road

4120 Roberts Rd.

Columbus, OH 43228

614-921-9330

http://www.refuse.ci.columbus.oh.us/yardwaste.htm

Here is a list of the free yard waste drop off locations in Columbus.

Nice, thanks for the info. That's not far at all from my place.

Just throw it in a flat bed truck with the bed open. Get onto 270 or 71 and just floor it until the bed is empty.

Maybe I'll try this on the way, it may take less trips that way.