pcv valve & boost

james95gt

do you have to put a check valve on A PCV when it is on a boosted car? and what vacuum should my car be running at idle???

Cap off the PCV and run a valve cover breather to a catch can, less oil in the intake parts.

the amount of vac pulled on the motor depends on the cam, heads, etc.

I've heard alot of argument on how catch cans/pvc breathers should work concering vaccum, etc. After some serious thread debates, I went with a catch can that still runs under vaccuum. My plumbing still goes back into the intake but only after going through a catch can on the cool side of the car. This way I still have proper vacuum but with no oil in the intake and less fumes.

I've heard alot of argument on how catch cans/pvc breathers should work concering vaccum, etc. After some serious thread debates, I went with a catch can that still runs under vaccuum. My plumbing still goes back into the intake but only after going through a catch can on the cool side of the car. This way I still have proper vacuum but with no oil in the intake and less fumes.

Agreed. I started with my catch can inline/under vacuum and then I switched to a vented catch can. The catch can filled very slowly under vacuum (about 5-6 months before I bothered emptying it), but when I vented the can I ended up with a full can of mostly water-based gunk after about 2 months, which I can only assume is due to water vapor from the can being vented.

Guest Removed

i always catch can it... it helps ring seal. and it will pull air from under the rings helping them seal

one wayhttp://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/Shop%20stuff/PCV_turbo_1fit.jpg

the other way

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/Shop%20stuff/PCV_turbo_2fit.jpg