paint help..

Guest tbutera2112

Guest tbutera2112

my truck has the paint code B5, so i went to autozone to get touch up paint and i found B2, B5 touch up paint....bought it and applied it to a small spot on the roof, and its MUCH MUCH darker than my paint....it makes no sense, the codes match.....

how should i go about getting paint for this truck if the paint code doesnt match with the paint they have available... i need to find a thing of touch up, and a can of it to spray (wanna do the inside bottom of my doors to clean up some surface rust)

my truck is paint code B5 , but the touch up paint for that paint code is MUCH darker...heres my truck

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs317.snc3/28494_1168998671643_1428241207_30731017_3620394_n.jpg

i was reading that for an excursion, B5 is actually "Chestnut".... but the bottles on touch up have B2/B5 on them and say Harvest Gold.....perhaps my truck is actually Chestnut?

from google pics of harvest gold, i think thats the color my truck is....i dont understand why the touch up is much darker..

Guest tbutera2112

also...i took fading into account, and thats not the problem

i touched up one tiny spot on the roof, because you cant see the roof anyways and i wanted to stop the rust there

check out how off it is

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i82/SaleenSS90/0521101013.jpg

once i get the right stuff, ill get that nasty brown shit off of there and go over it the right way, with the right color...after i saw how bad it matched, i smeared it a little bit more to get a better pic of it...that spot is the size of a pea

Guest tbutera2112

ok the dealer didnt have the paint, and i didnt have them order it because the guy was being a fucking prick...he kept telling me they didnt make 01s in Harvest Gold, because he asked what year it was, and what the paint code was, i said 01 B5, and he kept telling me i was wrong...what a jackass, my truck was in the parking lot

anyways

i went and exchanged that touch up paint for a different one, and it worked just fine...i guess that one was just a bad batch or defective....thanks guys

Guest tbutera2112

i appreciate the help, but it seems like you guys all missed post #5 lol...thank you though

the bottle was messed up, apparently somewhere alone the manufacturing line, it got filled up with chestnut instead of harvest gold, even though it said harvest gold on the bottle....i took it back into the parts store and exchanged it for another bottle exactly like it, same brand, number, color, etc...and it worked just fine....so really, it was just a case of a manufacturing oops

Guest tbutera2112
musta been thursday....derek (ponyjr) was riding with me, we were heading to my girls house for a surprise bday part, his girl and a few of her friends were in a little mazda in front of us lol