1000hp club

AWW$HEEET

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tbutera2112
Car and odds/ends included.. If it were possible to make a 1000hp car for $18,000 everybody would have one.

hes talking doing your own labor....it would definitely be doable for 18k if you did all of your own work, car included...you could get a nice g-body or mustang roller for 2k or so

Guest tbutera2112

^ im gonna have to disagree

i would definitely say 2jz is the way to go, or maybe a 4g63....doing it NA on a big block will get pricey fast, and if youre doing FI, then you still have to build a motor to take it...2jz can already handle it much better than a stock block BBC

ide say a big single turbo 2jz shoved into a gbody or foxbody would be a great place to start working towards 1k

horsepower doesnt care what car it is in...

im sure you can find someone selling a motor from their supra etc that can handle 1000hp with a snail on it..

it is used but would be much less than building one yourself

Edited by STEVE-O

Guest tbutera2112
hoirsepower doesnt care what car it is in...

orly?? you mean teh shape and weight of the chassis doesnt effect how much power it makes on an engine dyno?

thanks for enlightening me, sir. :rolleyes:

im sure you can find someone selling a motor from their supra etc that can handle 1000hp with a snail on it..

it is used but would be much less than building one yourself

VegaSE from SF has tons of 3.4l stroker titan/boost logic blocks for sale ready for 10k + rpms and 1,500 HP.

VegaSE from SF has tons of 3.4l stroker titan/boost logic blocks for sale ready for 10k + rpms and 1,500 HP.

I bet he isnt sell it for less that 25 grand.

You can make 1000whp on a 2JZGTE in stock form, with maybe cams. It won't hold together though.

Are you really trying to build something, or is this just a for shits and giggles thread?

H

ide say a big single turbo 2jz shoved into a gbody or foxbody would be a great place to start working towards 1k

orly?? you mean teh shape and weight of the chassis doesnt effect how much power it makes on an engine dyno?

thanks for enlightening me, sir. :rolleyes:

ANYTIME

Guest tbutera2112
ANYTIME

youre fucking slow...he was talking about having it in a car and running, on a budget...eric was talking about doing it for 18k and someone said no way because of cost of a car...hence me mentioning cheap rollers with a nice factory style suspension to really get the car going

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51SS1S4Y48L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Omg no.. If you do the work your self you can get it don't for prolly 12 to 18

Turbo is the easiest way one single say 1600 for it

block and machine work is 3 k

rotating assembly to hold it 3500

heads 2500

intake 500 to 1000

fuel system 1700 ish all the way up to 5 k

that's the basics don't ask me how I know

all numbers above are est or approx

Car and odds/ends included.. If it were possible to make a 1000hp car for $18,000 everybody would have one.

Obviously I want it in a car, able to drive, function, etc.

hes talking doing your own labor....it would definitely be doable for 18k if you did all of your own work, car included...you could get a nice g-body or mustang roller for 2k or so

tbutera2112

you sir need to calm down lol anyway you said is would be a nice place to start twords 1000hp... The engine is a good place to start who cars if it is in a gbody or a fox body..

you can pick up a ton of light shells for cheap.. plus why would you want a jz motor in a ford??? you need to stop falling asleep to tokyo drift at night///// done thread jacking

How much do you want to drive the car??? I assume if you want to drive it on the street like jps dd colt you do not want to put say a 4 link in it etc so why would you want so much power if you cant put it down??

I bet he isnt sell it for less that 25 grand.

You can make 1000whp on a 2JZGTE in stock form, with maybe cams. It won't hold together though.

Are you really trying to build something, or is this just a for shits and giggles thread?

H

Just for shits, for now. Once my home purchase goes through and I get a garage, I will be "for srs" interested.

Guest tbutera2112

maybe because its been done before and it works? its not ideal, but dont forget were talking 1khp on a budget

still cant help it you cant comprehend, :confused:

Guest tbutera2112
Just for shits, for now. Once my home purchase goes through and I get a garage, I will be "for srs" interested.

party at gabes house?

2JZ, Honda, BMW, 5.4 Ford FI, 4g63 FI all these will cost way more than 10,000.

try this. a dart sportsman block, 3.5" stroke 6"rods 8.4:1 pistons. afr 210 heads.

supervictor 850 carb t88 could use smaller turbo but its easier with a 88 or larger.

ud need proably 20lbs non intercooled on pump e85. or 12-15 with.

thats pretymuch my setup. and can easily make 1000 at the crank. and not that expensive when you do the work yourself.

Im kinda interested in finding out what an LQ block can do. 6.0L Iron block w boost cranked ALLLL THE WAYYY TURRNNED UPPP. Cant be too bad? Blow up the motor and blocks are cheap to replace.

This is totally doable. I have 5k in my motor(forged lq4, heads, cam, w/9.2:1cr), 5k in my turbo, 800 in my fuel system, 3k in my tranny, and I should be able to crank it and get at least 750-800 whp, through a 4x4 tranny. This same combo in an f-body would be 800+whp. Then put a boost controller on it and run 10psi dd, and 18 at the push of a button.

party at gabes house?

Indeed. Verrrry soon. Hope to close in mid June? Out by you actually.

2JZ, Honda, BMW, 5.4 Ford FI, 4g63 FI all these will cost way more than 10,000.

try this. a dart sportsman block, 3.5" stroke 6"rods 8.4:1 pistons. afr 210 heads.

supervictor 850 carb t88 could use smaller turbo but its easier with a 88 or larger.

ud need proably 20lbs non intercooled on pump e85. or 12-15 with.

thats pretymuch my setup. and can easily make 1000 at the crank. and not that expensive when you do the work yourself.

Eeekkkk, carburetor.

This is totally doable. I have 5k in my motor(forged lq4, heads, cam, w/9.2:1cr), 5k in my turbo, 800 in my fuel system, 3k in my tranny, and I should be able to crank it and get at least 750-800 whp, through a 4x4 tranny. This same combo in an f-body would be 800+whp. Then put a boost controller on it and run 10psi dd, and 18 at the push of a button.

Im reading on LS1tech right now about a guy running a 370ci (LQ4/9 bored .30 over) running a PT88, AFR's and running sub 8's. Honestly aside from fuel, turbo and rotating assembly, sounds cheap. Im sure you get nickeled and dimed to hell, but you have to pay to play.

What rotating assembly are you using?

Im reading on LS1tech right now about a guy running a 370ci (LQ4/9 bored .30 over) running a PT88, AFR's and running sub 8's. Honestly aside from fuel, turbo and rotating assembly, sounds cheap. Im sure you get nickeled and dimed to hell, but you have to pay to play.

What rotating assembly are you using?

Mine is 03 Escalade lq9 block 10 over, stock crank, forged pistons w/ good rings, H beam rods, but I see people doing it on stock forged rods+pistons. It wouldn't be hard to find an lq4/9 slap some piston/rods in it, get it balanced, fi cam+ stock heads/intake and crank up the boost.

It's all in the tuning whether or not you blow it up.