College Football - 2010

Dr. Pomade

I would still call them over hyped Zack, at this point they have only won 1 bowl game, produced 0 all americans, I believe Adams is the only one to even make 1st team all big 10 thus far (brewster might have), I just think when you have the number 1 recruiting class with the number 1 overall player, its NC or bust.

If they win the sugar bowl, come back next year light shit up then I think my feelings will change.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They weren't the #1 class overall on any site. They were 4th on Scout and Rivals and 6th on ESPN. And Brewster was a 1st team All-American according to the Football Writers Association of America and 2nd team All-Big 10 according to the conference coaches. Adams was 1st team All-Big 10 according to the conference coaches. Posey and Pryor were honorable mentions on the All-Big 10 list according to conference coaches. The media had Brewster and Adams as 1st team All-Big 10 then Pryor and Posey again as honorable mentions.

I mean, if you want all of these kids to all be All-Americans then you've overhyped them way too much in your own head. You're using the wrong qualifications IMO. As I pointed out earlier, out of 16 kids (if Wells does indeed make it back into OSU), 13 will be starters or serious contributors next season. 8-9 of them will definitely make it to the NFL. Still waiting for you to find a more productive class with this kind of hit rate under Tressel...

Fucking wisconsin!!! Why did they not give clay the ball for the 2 pt conversion? He was unstoppable that whole last drive. But tcu played amazing and the linebacker was flat out balling today. Big ten fails some more

I find it hilarious that people are talking shit about the Wisky game like the #15 team just beat a top 5 team..... um, McFly, TCU is #3 and Wisky is #5, TCU was SUPPOSED to win.

Fucking wisconsin!!! Why did they not give clay the ball for the 2 pt conversion? He was unstoppable that whole last drive.

I turned the game off when I saw how they were lined up for the 2-pointer. Pathetic job by their coaching staff today. The players made some mistakes early in the game that kept TCU ahead by a couple but the middle of the game the coaches shit down their legs. They should have been pounding all night and they kept trying stupid, cute shit.

As for the other stuff, aside from MSU being 100% uncompetitive against Bama, everything went as planned. No real surprises... OSU was the only Big 10 team favored going into the bowl season so if anything we've already overachieved with 2 wins...lol.

So the 1 loss #5 team should have raped the undefeated #3 team?

That makes no sense

Is that why wisconsin was favored by 9 pts? Yes tcu was ranked higher but strength of schedule went to wisconsin hands down. Talent level wisconsin, size wisconsin. It makes perfect sense, a auto bid bcs school will always be favored over a non aq team. Bsu wasn't favored wen they played vtech at the start of the season, so yes it was an upset. All you hear all week was how big wisky was and how small tcu's dline was, and how awsome. The running gm was. I have never heard of half tcu's players until today and I was more impressed with there adjustments at half than anything. They didn't go heads up they went around wisconsin and it made wisky look like a bunch of big goofy loafs. The same goofy loafs we lost to.

Is that why wisconsin was favored by 9 pts? Yes tcu was ranked higher but strength of schedule went to wisconsin hands down. Talent level wisconsin, size wisconsin. It makes perfect sense, a auto bid bcs school will always be favored over a non aq team. Bsu wasn't favored wen they played vtech at the start of the season, so yes it was an upset. All you hear all week was how big wisky was and how small tcu's dline was, and how awsome. The running gm was. I have never heard of half tcu's players until today and I was more impressed with there adjustments at half than anything. They didn't go heads up they went around wisconsin and it made wisky look like a bunch of big goofy loafs. The same goofy loafs we lost to.

TCU was favord by 3

The spread was TCU -3

TCU didn't cover (they won by 2, damn my shitty phone)

Must have changed since weds cause I looked at vegas spreads and it was 7-5 wisc with a 9pt spread.

Opened at TCU -3 and stayed there despite people hammering it for Wisconsin. Bad move on Vegas' part in the end...lol. All the people who bet their homes on Wisconsin +3 had to watch TCU win but at least they made their money.

i just got this email it is a great read

Numerous observations from several different angles today (and over the past week). . .

Today I attended my 149th consecutive game, and like the rest of you I am still very distraught over today’s performance and what has become of our program.

I have been in Jacksonville with my family since Christmas Day, and over the past week we had numerous interactions with team (some football related, and others not) many of which I will share.

December 26 ? We went to an evening event for the players at a sports bar/arcade/bowling alley. It was hosted by the Gator Bowl committee. Both teams attended in separate 90 minute intervals. Other than the players and coaches, barely any fans were in attendance. The size difference between the two teams was staggering. Other than Perry, Lewan, Big Will, RVB, and Q, we had very few really big guys compared to Miss St (and compared to prior M teams). We spent a lot of team hanging out with the players and coaches. My boys (14 and 11) played tons of video games and pop-a-shot basketball games with the players. We spent time speaking with RR, Freddie J, Denard, Tate, Big Will, and numerous other guys. Everyone was in great spirits and could not have been any nicer to us (which was also true of the Miss St. players).

December 28 ? We met up with the team again in the afternoon at a similar venue. This time tons of fans were in attendance, and none of the coaches were present. Poor Denard was constantly hounded by autograph seekers. The remainder of the team was very accessible to the fans. My 11 year old played a dozen or more games of pop-a-shot with Devin and J.R. After out-shooting both teams on the 26th, only J.R. could hold his own with my 11 year old son (who attended his 66th consecutive game today).

December 29 ? We attended practice at Jacksonville University. This was the 2nd practice I attended with this coaching staff after having attended numerous practices with the prior regime. While this practice was not in pads, I was underwhelmed by the lack of intensity and lack of participation/coaching by the coaching staff. Tate was still present, but obviously some thing was up due to the number snaps Gallon took ahead of him at QB. Be glad that Gallon did not play QB today. On a separate note, we watched Roundtree, Koger, Webb, and Grady practice catching balls being rifled at them at close range from a machine. Unlike today, they were catching everything, even while a team manager was hanging on their backs. The kicking game was abysmal in every way imaginable. The offense worked on a few gimmick plays, including reverses and Gallon throwing off of a reverse. While the team was in good spirits, we left practice very concerned.

December 31 ? The Pep Rally was attended by approx. 2,500 Michigan fans, the team, and the band. Brandy and Beckman gave good speeches. Brandon spoke for a few moments and said nothing. The same was true for RR. Unlike prior bowl games, the captains did not address the crowd. Later in the day the bands engaged in a “battle of the bands”. We sat in the first row, three feet from the band. They put on an incredibly impressive performance, completely outclassing the MSU band.

As an aside, although their cowbells got to be annoying, the MSU fans were a very friendly group of people. They had tremendous respect for Michigan, and they commented on it quite frequently yesterday and today (even after the game). This was in stark contrast to the Auburn, Florida, and Tennessee fans from prior SEC bowl games I have attended.

Gameday ? At the home games I sit in Section 2, behind the visiting bench. Today I sat 18 rows behind the Michigan bench on the 40 yard line. (I also sat in similar seats for the PSU game this year, which will be relevant in a moment). The team came out flat for pregame warmups, as they did before the game, and following half time (just like several other games this year). GRob, Tall, and Gibson were all on the sideline (I assume Brathwaite was in the box). Not once did they have a defensive team meeting on the bench while the offense was on the field. In fact, while the offensive was on the field, rarely did they interact with their players. The same was true at PSU this year and 3 years ago. On offense, Dews, Frey, and Fred J were on the sideline. Each spent some time talking their position groups. Not once did I see any chalkboarding going on on the sideline with either group. Rarely did any of the players receive any coaching on the sideline.

In another first (having sat behind the Michigan bench at numerous other away games and behind the visiting bench at home games for the past 34 seasons), JB Fitzgerald, Jibreel Black, and one other guy took pisses in Gatorade bottles on the sideline while managers held up towels on either side of them. Having attended over 350 Michigan football games, I have never seen any player on any team do this on the sideline.

In the fourth quarter, three guys sitting to my left held up a sign up a sign that read “We want Jim”. This was spotted by many players and RR, none of whom seem to be amused. Despite what anyone may think, this was in very poor taste and did not help morale.

Looking at Woolfolk, JT Floyd, and Mike Jones sitting on the bench prior to the game, one wonders what could have been with this defense. Although one also has to wonder what has happened with Hawthorne, Bell, Herron, Sagesse, Big Will, and others who seem to have lacked any development and sat on the bench most of the day.

As to the future, there were a lot of young guys sitting on the bench waiting for their days to come. I look forward to seeing Ricardo, Williamson, Ge. Robinson, and Devin on offense next season, along with Marvin, Wilkins, Q, and Paskorz on defense.

In closing, I am reminded what two members of the prior coaching staff said to me after they were released: "Four years until these guys are fired, and another six years until we can rebuild it." (No, I am not a Lloyd croney or an RR hater).

Only 100+ days until the spring game. It will be an interesting 100 days.

Standford vs VT, another blow out in the making.

Yep. I have no idea why I'm still watching.

Luck is the real deal. If he leaves for the NFL, he might be the best incoming QB since Peyton Manning. Harbaugh is rumored to be headed to San Francisco. As a 49er fan I didn't know what to think at first. I was worried he'd pull a one-and-done like Saban or Petrino and go straight back to college when Rich Rod gets the axe, but now I'm warming up to the idea of Harbaugh in SF. I'd be pretty happy with that hire.

Oh, and Charlie Weis to the Gators? I can dig it. ANYTHING will be better than that ridiculously predictable, inefficient, nonsensical, unproductive, overly conservative Mickey Mouse offense that Steve worthless Addazio was running. I guess Temple thinks that his dive-dive-sack-punt offense will work in the MAC :rolleyes:

Yeah, was wondering if anyone else thinks Harbaugh is a big of a douche as I do. Seriously, the dude is just abrasive. And save the "Oh he just tells it like it is" propoganda. No, he's just a dick. And I'm not just referencing that brutually awkward pre-game interview he had with Michele Tafoya last night before the Orange Bowl.