Hot off the presses: CAVS fire Mike Brown

TimTaylor751647545500

CLEVELAND -- Mike Brown won everything in five years coaching the Cleveland Cavaliers. Everything, that is, except an NBA title.

Brown, the most successful coach in franchise history, was fired after failing to win a championship with superstar -- and soon-to-be free agent -- LeBron James.

The Cavaliers had a midnight deadline Sunday night to fire the head coach or pay him his full $4.5 million salary for next season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5213917

I don't know what to think about this. On the one hand he got close to a championship and then went downhill instead of getting a ring. On the other hand I don't know if they will be able to find anyone better right now. Could be a good sign that LeBron is thinking about staying though.

He and Lebron had went back and forth basically the entire time Brown was the coach, the word is Lebron felt that the offense should run and gun more instead of going at a slow pace. The only person I feel that is as good of coach that is available right this second is Avery Johnson, after him you'll hear the name of Phil Jackson pop up

Joqueem Hoquuem Hoqueer or however you spell his stupid name is not that great . The team is not in place to win a championship in chicago. I dont know why everyone thinks it is. They barely snuck in the playoffs. But thank god Mike Brown is gone hopefully we can find somebody who knows how to make adjustments in the game.

Phil Jackson is the missing link for LeBron!!

Phil Jackson is the ticket but I believe he will retire in LA after this season if they dont win it all. If they win he will continue coaching the Lakers and try and get Kobe #6 so that it will be a toss up of greatest all time between Jordan and Bryant.

I believe Jeff Van Gundy wants to coach Lebron as a Cavalier if possible.

I also believe that Lenny Wilkins could turn out to be a great choice. If it wasnt for bad ass Jordan back in the day the Cavs under Wilkins would have a championship banner flying at the Q.

Word is the Lakers don't want to pay Jackson the money to stay...guess well find out soemtime in July. Sometimes you hear names and it makes you wonder, "wow really?" Jeff Van Gundy is better at announcing games then he was at coaching them, and to be honest he's not that great announcing them lol. Lenny Wilkins is old as shit and hasn't been relivant for how long now?

I also agree with blowngt that Chicago is not the place to go..why would he go to a team that is worse then his current one? The cavs without Lebron would've beat the Bulls in the playoffs. Joakim (michael jackson lookalike) Noah is a poor mans Anderson Varejao, their 2nd best player would be 3rd string on the cavs! If he is going to split town I see him going to Miami. He and DWade have both said they would take less in order to play together if the oppurtunity arose. I still say he stays in Cleveland