Paint work

Reimbrandt

Thanks.... I better hit the hay. Gettn to old to stay up this late and get up early enough to get the kid to school.... anyway, it runs 75 a lot. The owner is up at Tecumseh, MI.... would you beleive I did that in 10 days! Had one person helpn me half the time with the base and the clear. Around 180 hrs in 10 days...... and was ready for its first trip going from chicago to shanksville, PA to ground zero for the 5th anniversary of 9/11. All along being led by chicago (and other) firefighter MC..... it was pretty sweet.

Thanks.... I better hit the hay. Gettn to old to stay up this late and get up early enough to get the kid to school.... anyway, it runs 75 a lot. The owner is up at Tecumseh, MI.... would you beleive I did that in 10 days! Had one person helpn me half the time with the base and the clear. Around 180 hrs in 10 days...... and was ready for its first trip going from chicago to shanksville, PA to ground zero for the 5th anniversary of 9/11. All along being led by chicago (and other) firefighter MC..... it was pretty sweet.

10 days? That's fuckin amazing. Shit, it took 6 months for my bike to get done just for it all to flake off the day after I got it home:mad:

Oh... that sucks......... it took me about 2 weeks to recooperate after that job. I hate it when there is a problem with a finish Ive done and will try and make it right, as long as its something I did to cause the problem. I have heard horror stories of guys taken a newly painted car for its first wash and blown half the side of the car off. YIKES

funny you should ask that moose.... I got a 3/4 scale chopper that is in need of a real sweet paint job...... I have always been a fan of the celtic stuff and just might give that a shot. Looks like a good bit of work, but I love a challenge. (mild case of insanity doesn't hurt either)

funny you should ask that moose.... I got a 3/4 scale chopper that is in need of a real sweet paint job...... I have always been a fan of the celtic stuff and just might give that a shot. Looks like a good bit of work, but I love a challenge. (mild case of insanity doesn't hurt either)

I had the paint guy over at skunk works give me a rough estimate of 3500 for the ideas I had.... think you could get it done for less?

• 2 weeks later...

Whoa. I just found this threa..and thank god I didn't find you a few months back or I'd be broke. I'm interested in doing some tank work on a sport bike..maybe some fairing work as well. Problem is, i don't know WHAT I want..I just know the colors involved. I'll peruse your site to get some ideas. You've got skillz!