Chicago

Gergwheel1647545492

Thinking about taking a day trip to chi town. probably leave sunday morning and i have to be back sunday night. Is there anything i have to see while im there? any great food places i have to try? I know i want to go to the top of sears tower. maybe see wrigley field, maybe navy pier. anything else i should see?

doesn't really matter those so much to see there you really can't go wrong, there's an old bar somewhere that was ran/owned by Al Capone they use to give tours of the bar and the underground where he had tunnels built to escape any unwanted confrontation with the cops, but the navy pier is cool, magnificent mile for your girl unless your going alone, and if you go up top of the sears tower, you can see all the stadiums, even the fountain that was used in the opening for Married with children

thats a bit of a rush for a day trip. its 6+ hours each way. youd be doing more driving than being in town

ive only been twice, but if you go, know you're going to need to drive fast. im talking about cabbies passing me on the freeway when i was doing 85 during rush hour and shit was packed like sardines. scared the shit out of me

Thinking about taking a day trip to chi town. probably leave sunday morning and i have to be back sunday night. Is there anything i have to see while im there? any great food places i have to try? I know i want to go to the top of sears tower. maybe see wrigley field, maybe navy pier. anything else i should see?

Mortons

Food there is legendary, I've never eaten somewhere there I thought wasn't good.

have you ever noticed that they have Hot Dogs at almost every restaurant, when I was there 2 years ago I stayed up at the Hoffman Estates and I went to a italian restaurant that had Hot Dogs on their menu :confused: wtf

Hello, it's Chicago? You have never had a Chicago style Dog? OMG yum. That's like going to KC and not eating BBQ, Or Texas and not eating Mexican, or New York and not getting some Pizza.

I know that, but I was just suprised to see them at an Italian restaurant, plus the Hoffman Estate's area is where most of the big wigs from Sears and a lot of the professional althletes live, the houses there are HUGE several were the size of the eastland mall

i heard the blackhawks are doing good this time of year.

Yeah and Hawks fans are bit crazy. Even more with them going to the cup. I mean they are the only winning team Chicago has right now. If you are going, I might suggest waiting till after the Stanley Cup games are over. If they win there will be a crazy riot in Chi-town

almost forgot, take some change for all the freeway tolls
you will see most of the toll roads west of Chicago the skyway and 94 are the only toll roads that I can remember going into town.

As for food if you go to Navy pier go eat at the Billy Goat and get a triple cheese chips and a coke.