Son of a Bi@&$!

SpaceGhost

Sucks, down here in Fl, as long as you have full coverage, you get 1 free windshield a year. Used it on my yota when I bought it last fall. Put full coverage on it, callled the glass company, they put new windshield in and then I put liability back on it :)

Ben,

Call Chuck at Clear Vue Auto Glass. That estimate sounds way too high. We use these guys all the time. They are mobile and will do a great job. I get F150 glass for less than 200 bucks. Might be worth a shot.

866-305-9132

Tell him Jason in Marysville sent you.

http://gallery.me.com/bbotte/100036/Windshield.jpg?derivative=mmedium&source=web.jpg

Tomorrow $248 + Tax

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Most 'full coverage' covers repairs for free. If the break is over a certain size or enters the driver's vision, the entire windshield is replaced for free. In some states, (not sure about Ohio), even if you only have liability, the windshield repair is free.

I had a rock hit at the very bottom of the windshield on in the middle of the passenger side in the damn RAV on the way back from St Louis. It was cracked about a foot up and to the right. Got home and in the morning, the damn thing spread past the middle and just a bit into the driver's side. Insurance spoke to their local windshield people and they came out to work and replaced it there the next day. Still, new car honeymoon's kinda over. :mad:

I got in my truck the other day and its windshield had a 7-8" long crack in it too, just out of nowhere.. no rock, no nothing. Weird.

I gotta wonder if there wasn't a small crack or something near the edges you didn't know about. Sometimes, the heat of the sun on it is enough to have it lengthen. Unless, it's not touching the edges, then someone threw some shit at it.