Black smoke in my face

Snowflake

Guest tbutera2112

was it an old old body style? late 80s early 90s?

i had a grey one that body style blow my doors off in the stang in pickerington...shooting soot and flames out his pipes as he put bus lengths on me from a dig

Newer Ram. The guy said he was on his second turbo but it was stock. He said its never been tracked or dynoed. When he first started fucking with me I was like lemme show this fucker whats up.

I would have never guessed on a run up to like 110 he would be pulling. They got some crazy fast trucks over in Mexico these days.

I seen your truck in person the other day Tyler and it looks pretty fucking nice. Please make it fast like the one i saw last night.

Guest tbutera2112
Newer Ram. The guy said he was on his second turbo but it was stock. He said its never been tracked or dynoed. When he first started fucking with me I was like lemme show this fucker whats up.

I would have never guessed on a run up to like 110 he would be pulling. They got some crazy fast trucks over in Mexico these days.

I seen your truck in person the other day Tyler and it looks pretty fucking nice. Please make it fast like the one i saw last night.

that guy lied if he said it was stock...theyre not that fast stock, not even close...maybe the turbo on it was upgraded, i know a lot of powerstroke guys are running 12s with exhaust, tune, intake, and a 38r turbo conversion....he had to of had more done

and thanks man, eventually ill make it fast, but for now im just fixing everything up and using it as a driver...eventually its in the plans to make it fast though...whered you see me at?

Guest tbutera2112
As simple as a new exhaust and a tune can do wonders for the Cummins.

this too....my truck has a DIY intake and a muffler delete and it never blows any soot or smoke or anything at all, even wide open going up a hill

Guest tbutera2112
I was in my TA that put down 358/358.

The guy said the turbo was stock. He said he had a lot of money in go fast parts just a stock turbo.

He did say that he was pushing 45lbs of boost????

oh ok thought you meant the truck was stock.... 45lbs is a reasonable amount of boost, but i wasnt aware you can put that much through a stock turbo? what turbo comes on the cummins? i know the turbo on my truck will only spool to 30-35 before it starts hating life

then again...that may be the reason he was on his second turbo

I was in my TA that put down 358/358.

The guy said the turbo was stock. He said he had a lot of money in go fast parts just a stock turbo.

He did say that he was pushing 45lbs of boost????

Blue? Skinny redneck named Brad?

Blue? Skinny redneck named Brad?

Gold. I told the guy about CR and he acted interested.

He did say that he called Dynotune to get it dynoed/tuned and someone told him that the landlord didnt like all the black smoke so they wouldnt do it which I thought sounded kinda wierd.

I got nothing but all good vibes when I was there getting my tune so I dont know.

shoulda told him to call pickups plus

I told him there are several sponsers on here that could get him took care of.

Let me just say that I never thought that truck would have kept up much less pull me.

I have been humbled

Hmmm...dunno.

I know my buddy Brad had a 95 at one point, Anthony and some older members probably remember it, that had a semi turbo and a mistu 25g, scarab raceboat pistons, school bus tranny, etc. etc. Sold that and bought a new one and told me he was "keeping it stock" which he can never seem to do. THat's why I asked. :)

what color was it? ive had alot of diesel guys try to race me lately to. if you think that dodge was bad, you should have seen the chevy running at trails last night. Dr's on all 4 wheels running 10's.

I saw you guys leaving for the track yesterday. I though about following your pops out to the main road and try and instigate a run but I figured he would tell me to take it to the track.

The guy from last night said he has run a 1/4 on a road that was marked and he thinks hes trapping around 120. I told him to take it to the track and find out. Either way he was pulling me and Im hoping for a 110 trap.

My F150 needs a new engine.

this too....my truck has a DIY intake and a muffler delete and it never blows any soot or smoke or anything at all, even wide open going up a hill

FYI, the black smoke isn't a good thing (usually running rich). So the aura around the "smoke" from a diesel is just that. As fun as it maybe, I wouldn't shoot for this in any diesel.

And yes, you would be amazed at the power increases out of all Big 3 Diesels.

-Turbo Back

-Programmer/Chip/Tune

-CAI

It wasn't uncommon to see these trucks pick up over 200ft lbs or torque to the rear wheels, and over 100RWHP aswell.

hey scotty....how much can those cummins push through the stock turbos safely? (before the turbo gives, not the engine)

I wouldn't be horribly worried about the turbo as much as the transmissions. But I think the 24V Cummins trucks can make upward of 500-600RWHP range and I'd say atleast 800+RWTQ. Been a minute since I've seen some #'s out of a Cummins truck, but even with a stock turbo, there's a lot he could've done. All the more reason, turbo diesels are the way of the future.

The guy I ran into had some sort of programmer that was set at the highest performance setting? He said he had 3.73 gears as well.

I need to go find a stock mustang to kick around so I can feel better about my car again.

Dont fuck with big turbo diesels. A tune and CAI goes a long way on a lot of them.

Shockingly enough, most diesel customers don't feel the need for anymore power, it's more about fuel economy than anything. On many occassions I have heard upwards of 20MPG on the highway from all the Big 3 Diesel Trucks.

Power = Economy when you're playing with a truck weighing in at over 8,000lbs.