CBR 954 RR?

SilverEvo8owner

Looking at bikes and I dropped a dealership (texas) today and they had a 2002 954 there with 17xxx for $5400. Its red, looks like its in great shape and has a handful of mods already on it. Moto Gp style shifter, fender elim kit, shorty hand levers, exhaust and some steering dampner. I searched and saw that some people had these. This is the first bike that I'll own but I've ridden a handful of 1k's. I know the concerns of a 1k bike as a first bike but I am 6'3'' 210 and a 600 feels so small.

Anyone know anything about them?

Otherwise, I'm looking at a 09 600rr but I would like to stay as far as I can from 10k for my first bike and size is an issue.

Edited by SilverEvo8owner

i sold my 02 954rr for 4k at the begining of the season. it was the bike i always wanted. they are nice, quick, and can turn fast. i also rode my buddies 600rr and it was fun too. super light and i could flick it through turns. look for a 04-05 1000rr for resale value. 954rr just dont sell too high anymore.

tom

i sold my 02 954rr for 4k at the begining of the season. it was the bike i always wanted. they are nice, quick, and can turn fast. i also rode my buddies 600rr and it was fun too. super light and i could flick it through turns. look for a 04-05 1000rr for resale value. 954rr just dont sell too high anymore.

tom

954's actually have a pretty decent resale value just simply because they're not too many of them floating around. You could probably pick up a 04-05 1000RR for about the same price as most 954RR's.

Isn't a 954RR the same size as an F4i? I had an F4i, always thought they were identical frame sizes and such...

The is a good bit of difference in the two. May be harder to tell unless you had both sitting right next to each other like I do.