Claybar.. where to find..

dragknee66

I read that walmart modeling clay is exactly the same as detailing clay. Apparently it was checked with a mass spectrometer for composition.... I will see if I can find the thread. I have been using zaino from buckeye nissan in hilliard which they have in stock but once its gone I am going to walmart and I just used the last bar last weekend...

I just got that Meguires kit at Wal Mart lol... comes with 2 big bars in a case and a whole thing of detailing spray... worked superbly.

http://image.popularhotrodding.com/f/tech/meguiars-clay-bar-kit/17020945+cr1+re0+ar1/meguiars-clay-bar-kit.jpg

I just got that Meguires kit at Wal Mart lol... comes with 2 big bars in a case and a whole thing of detailing spray... worked superbly.

I have the same kit. I just molded the 2 clay bars together to make one nice big easy to hold thing of clay. Works well enough for my needs, although its getting pretty dirty and needs replaced.

I heard that too about the Walmart clay...still would be iffy on that

You can get the Zaino clay at Buckeye Nissan.

But for the most part clay is clay. There are different grades but there's only 2 or 3 manufactures of the stuff in the world.

My personal favorite is Clay Magic blue clay. Despite the fact that the kits you buy in the stores come with extra crap, they're not a horrible buy. For some reason the big bricks of clay are not that great of a buy for what you get. Most of the big bricks are $25 + shipping off the internet and you get 200g vs. (2)80 gram bars in most of the kits you buy over the counter. The clay magic kit at Autozone is like $15. By the time you pay for shipping on the bricks from the internet it's not a great deal.

The microfiber towel in the Meguiars kits is REALLY nice for an extra that's just thrown in.

Andy

Buckeye Nissan it is.. just called up they have a bunch of it.

Roughly 112grams for $17 not too bad and all I need.

Kevin Ill probably do a full car detail next week sometime at Brandons, my car looks like complete swirl marked dog poo right now.

I read that walmart modeling clay is exactly the same as detailing clay. Apparently it was checked with a mass spectrometer for composition.... I will see if I can find the thread. I have been using zaino from buckeye nissan in hilliard which they have in stock but once its gone I am going to walmart and I just used the last bar last weekend...

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/ever-use-a-clay-bar/1646/page1/