Good First Handgun?

wagner

I'm 18 years firing these weapons. And I've seen rounds on a 1911 not chamber and come out of the weapon, more than seeing one chamber. Which is never. But that is just one weapon, you say it does work with. That's why I ask. I've not seen it happen. And because of that, I don't teach it that way to our students .I know what books say. And the more we discuss this, I think the more weapon specific it will come. I'm not saying I disagree with the words in the books. I just haven't seen it be the more reliable and speedy way to perform corrective actions with a hand gun.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 18 years firing these weapons. And I've seen rounds on a 1911 not chamber and come out of the weapon, more than seeing one chamber. Which is never. But that is just one weapon, you say it does work with. That's why I ask. I've not seen it happen. And because of that, I don't teach it that way to our students .I know what books say. And the more we discuss this, I think the more weapon specific it will come. I'm not saying I disagree with the words in the books. I just haven't seen it be the more reliable and speedy way to perform corrective actions with a hand gun.

Now it's just gonna become a he said she said thing. I mean if you don't like it fine, but I wouldn't discount what thousands of other instructors teach. I man, my cousin's grandpa taught at the state police academy for 30+ years and that is the first malfunction drill they teach. I've also seen it work numerous times in competition.

Werd. Tap Rack Bang is pretty much standard protocol for malfunctions of any sort. Most of the time, it'll fix the problem.

And by 'Tap', they actually mean, 'Hit it like a Man.'

Again, I understand it. I know that is what the book says. I've been asking if anyone has really seen the "Tap" be the fix to the problem. LJ, say he has experienced it. I just wanted to know.

Tap, rack, and bang is something you do see a lot of in IDPA and shooting courses. They drilled that through our heads constantly. It works very well and is faster than reaching for a BUG.

We had a malfunction clearing exercise in one of our classes and that method resolved it for everyone in our class.

Again, I understand it. I know that is what the book says. I've been asking if anyone has really seen the "Tap" be the fix to the problem. LJ, say he has experienced it. I just wanted to know.

It's worked for me several times, at least. I'd say its a fairly surefire way to fix a simple problem.

Because instead of properly learning rack tap bang you can just sit there pulling the trigger over and over on a squib load or a real misfire. Just because you can keep pulling the trigger, the gun still has not cycled and you need to rack tap bang anyways.

i was pointing out the differences and letting him know to be aware of them so he knows what to do if there is a misfire i wasn't saying one was better then the other and thats not why i hate glocks i hate glocks. and your absolutely right but in my experience most misfires will fire with the second primer strike very rarely have i found a round that absolutely will not fire.