Who does 99 spec FD tail lights now a days? (Rotarded possibly?)

Veritas

I needed to get my FD's tail lights changed over to the 99 spec look, and a long time ago Mike did mine for me and i'm hoping he's around to do them again..

If not, anyone know of any local folk who would be up for it?

Haven't talk to Mike in a while. But, I can say with confidance that this time of year, he will be very hard pressed for free time to to this. And I've not heard or seen anyone in this area that does them, let alone as well as Mike did. Good luck.

Sigh.

That's not what I wanted to hear. Hey Joe!

And thanks Dave, was just hoping someone local was around to do them still... I would have kept my old ones but the driver side one got pretty smashed up over the ordeal.

Nobody local that I know of. The best resource is a gentleman on Rx7Club with the screen name of Theorie. Great work and quick turn-around. I've been meaning to send mine to him, but just haven't gotten around to it. He also recently started selling a LED conversion that actually looks pretty good (despite the absolute poor attempts in the past).

Ah nice, I think I may have seen some posts about the LED conversion and it did look nice. I need to buy a secondary set of lights from someone though so I can still have "my" lights until it comes in.

is the 99 spec with the "round" lights? If so, isnt it just a CD that you use as a template?

no. they are two different circle sizes and spacing is key. i came up with a new way to actually do it rather than spray paint them, you use vinyl instead.