SOLD: .45ACP FMJ ammunition 150 rounds

Furloaf

I can't say. My friend's PT1911 has choked on hollowpoints before, and my Springfield has ate every hollowpoint I've tried. Yet these flat noses fed okay in the Taurus and choke in my Springfield.

Oh and I know they feed and work fine in the Taurus because I had bought 4 boxes. I traded him 1 box for a box of ball American Eagles he had. The 3 boxes I have are complete and contain all 150 rounds.

Wht dont the feed? I am getting a 1911 a1 real soon

The flat nose tends to get hung up on the feed ramp/chamber in tight guns. The PT1911 is almost definitely built to looser specs, and that's why they'll feed in it.

If the OP has a dremel and wants them to feed in his gun, he could touch up his feed ramp/chamber area to remove any burrs or transitions where the nose is hanging up, and then polish the whole thing. That would most likely fix the problem.

The flat nose tends to get hung up on the feed ramp/chamber in tight guns. The PT1911 is almost definitely built to looser specs, and that's why they'll feed in it.

What about my Kimber?

Why don't they feed? The flat part of the bullet catches on the feed ramp dead-on straight, preventing the round from tilting up and sliding into the chamber. This happens with my gun but not my friend's 1911. It may be a magazine issue, I'm not really sure.

Sale pending, but like I said above not until the end of the week.

What about my Kimber?

Hard to say for certain. Kimber's fit and finish is known to be pretty crappy and inconsistant. It really depends on how tight your gun is as well as the feed ramp geometry. Also, like the Fur guy said, mags can be a critical factor as well.

If the OP has a dremel and wants them to feed in his gun, he could touch up his feed ramp/chamber area to remove any burrs or transitions where the nose is hanging up, and then polish the whole thing. That would most likely fix the problem.

Yeah I know. If the gun didn't feed hollowpoints I would be doing so. I don't consider the effort worth doing just to shoot these rounds. I never meant to buy them, and I would not have if I knew they were flat nose. So why did I? I went to Vance's and asked for the Federal American Eagle 230gr FMJ advertised on sale, they said they were out but had Winchesters that "were the same thing" for the same price, so I said sure figuring they were 230gr FMJ ball ammunition. Not going to be buying ammunition at a place I can't pick out and choose myself from now on.

Yeah I know. If the gun didn't feed hollowpoints I would be doing so. I don't consider the effort worth doing just to shoot these rounds. I never meant to buy them, and I would not have if I knew they were flat nose. So why did I? I went to Vance's and asked for the Federal American Eagle 230gr FMJ advertised on sale, they said they were out but had Winchesters that "were the same thing" for the same price, so I said sure figuring they were 230gr FMJ ball ammunition. Not going to be buying ammunition at a place I can't pick out and choose myself from now on.

Always ask them for Winchester white box target ammo. They always have it and I normally buy $200 worth of it at a time.

Anyone else do you know if a glock 21 would have a hard time firing these?

Always ask them for Winchester white box target ammo. They always have it and I normally buy $200 worth of it at a time.

Anyone else do you know if a glock 21 would have a hard time firing these?

A glock will eat anything. People bitch about the grip angle, but that's why they will take anything you feed them.