Import Fees?

a7x1990

There are way too many questions that need answered first. Why dont you tell us what kind of car it is. You may not be able to import it, also where is it coming from? In short I don't think it's a very cheap process.

I'll wait for Doc to chime in, he is the person to answer this question.

yea I was going to send him a PM but didn't. Well im just lookin around and saw a skyline for £3,700 coming from the UK and then started thinking "yea the car is cheap but you gotta think how much it would be to have it shipped and would it even pass inspection?" So yea its pretty much a loss cause in my book unless i hit the mega millions.

yea I was going to send him a PM but didn't. Well im just lookin around and saw a skyline for £3,700 coming from the UK and then started thinking "yea the car is cheap but you gotta think how much it would be to have it shipped and would it even pass inspection?" So yea its pretty much a loss cause in my book unless i hit the mega millions.

this sounds like a scam to me. :rolleyes:

this sounds like a scam to me. :rolleyes:

Could be, but I have herd they are pretty cheap over there, just expensive over here because of import fees. Here is where I'm looking at http://www.pistonheads.com/SALES/1742285.htm could be a bid price I don't know but I'm just dreaming anyways.

Agreed.

Skylines are cool if you have disposable income and happen to stumble into one thats already here. They aren't THAT good that they require selling your nuts to get one. Especially a GTS-T.

To the OP, if 3,700 pounds is the reason youre attracted (crazy cheap)... importing's not for you. My dad was looking into bringing a GTR over a couple years ago when he had his Evo. Regardless of GTS or GTR, the costs to get it here are the same, and they are higher than the $8k the car costs. The way to do it is to find a broker in the country that you trust and let him look at the cars in person. If you've got $30,000 and a '93 beat skyline 2wd has been your boyhood dream, and you've got a few months to wait for it, go right ahead.

I'll be curious to see when doc chimes in as he actually imported, and my dad and I didn't.

haha yea, like I said, just doing research, so that even if I cant afford it now, later in life ill have knowledge and when I'm ready for something like that. I'll pretty much know what to expect. Oh I'm aware of the fact that I couldn't possibly afford something like that right now, hell the day before I was just trying to come up with a way to cheaply build a FC all under 2-3k so yea I already know. I'm just researching and decided to ask others because they would have more knowledge then I would on this so, thanks for those who responded with valuable info, and I guess I'll still be waiting to hear from doc because hes the most experienced individual in this, even though I know it probably wont happen till I'm his age.

If you have to ask, you can't afford it.
yea I know. Edited by a7x1990

I found this one here state side

http://www.adelaidejap.com.au/adeljap/images/stories/er34-436-1.1.jpg

You could overnight parts from Japan and have it running for race wars come next week!

alright now your just taking a shit in here GTFO pls. And since when did liking Nissan Skylines have to do with the Fast and the furious?

Well, Paul Walker drove a Skyline GT-S (dressed up to look like an R-34) in 2 Fast 2 Furious; I think that is what's being referred to.

I'll be happy to share with you what I know about the problems of importing. Just come up and ask me about it sometime at the track or at a meet.

And to the guys giving the OP a hard time ...... he's just asking for info, okay? It's a car forum -- it's okay to ask. A number of you guys have asked about cars/projects that you never followed-through with. Relax. :p

Well, Paul Walker drove a Skyline GT-S (dressed up to look like an R-34) in 2 Fast 2 Furious; I think that is what's being referred to.

I'll be happy to share with you what I know about the problems of importing. Just come up and ask me about it sometime at the track or at a meet.

And to the guys giving the OP a hard time ...... he's just asking for info, okay? It's a car forum -- it's okay to ask. A number of you guys have asked about cars/projects that you never followed-through with. Relax. :p

AKA Renob.

The real douchey guy in the original F&F had a Yellow R33 as well.